All Yukon owners Read this

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Tonygxp

Tonygxp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im wondering if there isnt a head sourse behind that spot. Like a light bulb. My tails the reverse lights have caused the plastic lens to melt in a bit for the heat. I wonder if thats whats happening in your case too.

talked to parts dept today. the part is at the body shop so sooner than later i will find out. good point though.

OP
OP
Tonygxp

Tonygxp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man i'm the typo king. I meant heat source.

hahaha i knew that! goin to post up pics i took with that applique covered and ask for opinions on the combination of chrome/badges tonight.. so in the end this may be a moot point for me as it will be covered, most likely depending on feedback from you guys (accounts for maybe 30% of the decision lol).

robdeniro0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought i had a ding also in that spot, who knew it was a design flaw good eye my man.

OP
OP
Tonygxp

Tonygxp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
applique replaced yesterday. paint work was flawless!! very excited. ok here's the scoop on the "dimple"

i had to wait for the truck so after an hour of seeing the liftgate open and the tech NEVER emerge from the back of the yukon i asked the service advisor if everything was "ok" he said the stud on the left side where the "dimple" is was just spinning and the tech is trying to get it off! after the tech finally got it off the tech and service advisor showed me the problem. he said the left side (which now had a snapped off stud) was overtightened and pulled the box frame of the support of the stud mount (sort of like a bracket made to give the applique some support) in too far causing the distortion. the dimple was GONE now that the tension was gone. new one is straight and flawless!! so excited. i must have ocd.. i'm convinced of it lol..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rescurat