Arnott or factory OEM? Which better?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

timmyjimmy5150

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Okay.... Replacing all 4 shocks on the 07 denali AWD.
People that have done this before, what is the best option: Replace factory OEM with new OEM, or go Arnott/ blistein that keep the air leveling in rear with new passive shocks in front?
Cost aside... I know the oem are more $$$$, but are they better or are the Arnotts for a cheaper price?
Tj

Ben

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I swapped to the arnott and blistein and i like them. I also changed out the compressor with an arnott one.

OP
OP
T

timmyjimmy5150

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey Ben.
Thanks for the reply. SO you like the Arnotts/ Bilstein setup on all 4 corners better than the stock configuration, correct?
Just wondering if you could give me a little insight as to why?
I'm leaning towards the Arnotts air shocks to replace my rears so I can keep the self-leveling and the bilsteins on the struts up front.
The rears keep the auto-dampening feature but you lose it on the front struts with the Bilsteins.... Do you even notice?
You do the work yourself?

Thanks
TJ

Last edited:

Ben

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Factory setup only has air shocks in the rear I think.

Felix is correct. I'm only running the arnotts in the rear with the new arnott compressor... Actually just installed them less than a week ago. I'm still running stock up front and the ride is nice. Blisteins have always been a good shock so you can't go wrong.

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have Arnott in the rear with new pump and the work fine. Replaced several years ago and no issues.

Manshoon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Monroe makes a shock replacement also, sold on Amazon for cheap, they sell the compressor there also for as cheap @ $220, shocks are about 230'sh.

ntaphse

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Monroe makes a shock replacement also, sold on Amazon for cheap, they sell the compressor there also for as cheap @ $220, shocks are about 230'sh.

I installed the Monroes purchased from Rockauto and they are terrible. I'm going to switch to Belltech Street Performer asap.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rescurat