Best 16" tire??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Smasal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I bought some 265/75/16 yokohama geolanders ats and I hate them. Gonna sell em to my little brother. Any suggestions. I want beefy but not mudders. tread wear is huge to me. I also like thicker sidewalls. I am asking for the impossible i KNOW.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
Never came across them before but if that is the basic design of tread you want then get the Dueler A/T REVO 2. Great reviews. About $155 a p-type and $197 for the lt's which have a stiffer wall. I have used the dueler a/t over many years before is it is the tire I mostly recommend for 4x4 suv's or jeeps.

Reaction score
I have Michelin LTXs. The aren't really an AT tire, and if you go mudding, they're not for you. However, they increased my mpg slightly, and are a 70k mile tire. My last set (on another truck) went about 80k before they were done. My Yoko Geolandars didn't make half that.

99 2dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have over 40,000 on the Toyo Open Country AT's that are on my truck. They still ride great. Kinda Pricey tho....

19Yukon97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Might try Falken Rocky Mountain ATS? (Same thing as the Falken Wild Peak...) Possibly the most aggressive AT tire ive seen. Great tire. 50000 mile warranty on them. i have had them for umm prooly 6-8 months and they still look pretty good. i have the E-range. got them fro 147$ a piece. Might try them out bud. i love them! They do great in snow/mud/rain/dirt/sand. They arent loud on the highway and they ride really well. My next set will prolly be the same tire or i might go with a wrangler duratrec. not real sure yet.

arctic388

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been researching for a couple months and based on what i have read and seen I plan on getting the Goodyear Duratrec's.

a couple of coworkers just got the Falken Rocky Mountain ATS's and so far really like them. they just don't have the look i want.

trailblazr81

Reaction score
Always liked the BFG all terrain. Have friends who have used them and luv 'em. Pickups, SUV's, and 2wd van. No problems on road and work great off road. If you want something a little cheaper theres the General Grabber AT which is very similar and has a 60,000 mile warranty.

FYI: I bought my Yukon with Nitto Mud Grapplers and these things howl on the road!! Like a bomber making its dive run.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968