Bluetooth Recommendation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boomer73

Boom Boom
Reaction score
I'm looking for a bluetooth solution for an 05 Hoe. The right solution would be fully integrated with factory equipment. i.e. works with OnStar and Nav system (so it could plug into the CD changer port for example as there is no CD changer). I don't want any wires or cables dangling anywhere so nothing that plugs into the cig/pwr outlet or requires a mic separate from the OnStar mic, and no accessory controllers displays - I want the display on the factory Nav.

Suggestions?

-B

jmyler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
let me know if you get one i REALLY want this as well. It seems that the bluestar is a bit more advanced as far as being able to update it with just a USB cable. that was appealing to me and with shipping on the galaxy it ends up being the same price. being a PXAMG user i'm sure you feel my pain with upgrading those stupid things.

OP
OP
B

Boomer73

Boom Boom
Reaction score
The PXAMG is coming out and going on ebay. I think the bluestar disables your Onstar. I need to double check that. The galaxy does not.

mando2776

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome

boomer73 , id go with the blue star for the limited lifetime warranty free updates, and the 60day money back guaranteed. I been looking for something like this, I've tried portable motorola hands-free devices and had numerous complaints of voice breaking up , and not hearing me clearly. So this sounds like a perfect solution requiring no cigarette-power. sweet! i might order this soon.
i don't use on-star so its perfect for me.

OP
OP
B

Boomer73

Boom Boom
Reaction score
Bluestar is out. It disables OnStar capabilities, does not display caller information/ID on the nav unit screen, disables all Navigation sound while operating, and doesn't provide access to your phone book on the nav screen. Also it doesn's stream A2DP music. So basically this thing just lets you turn your car into a big speakerphone while crippling several other important features.

I'm not very concerned about disabling OnStar, but the other things are show stoppers for me. I did just find another option...

http://www.onstarbluetooth.net/

Last edited:

riso79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think that many of those units are similiar but it looks as though none of them put the caller ID or anything on the nav screen. What unit have you decided to go with?

OP
OP
B

Boomer73

Boom Boom
Reaction score
I haven't decided yet. Going to do some more research first. I'm leaning toward the galaxy at this moment. I really don't understand what the issue is putting the caller ID on the nav screen. If a PXAMG can put song info from an iPod on the screen can't one of these devices accomplish essentially the same thing with a phone number? The Bluestar FAQ said that that feature is "available" but that its not been enabled in the firmware. Which to me means its "not available". However, it would seem to indicate that the engineers know how to do it but for whatever reason haven't chosen to do so.

Last edited:

mando2776

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bluestar is out. It disables OnStar capabilities, does not display caller information/ID on the nav unit screen, disables all Navigation sound while operating, and doesn't provide access to your phone book on the nav screen. Also it doesn's stream A2DP music. So basically this thing just lets you turn your car into a big speakerphone while crippling several other important features.

I'm not very concerned about disabling OnStar, but the other things are show stoppers for me. I did just find another option...

http://www.onstarbluetooth.net/

THANKS FOR THE INFO ... THE ARGOS SAYS
Please note that all emergency features of Onstar are not available with the Argos System, the Argos System gives you handsfree calling only. There are no collision or emergency features with Argos.

i dont use the fact nav... or A2DP since i have an ipod usb cable connected into the stereo.
let me know which system u go with.
good luck!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staceyw9172

Latest posts