Brake Upgrade. Whats best?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
:hmm: what size rims do you have? i have pretty much stock rims 16inch, so idk if getting huge calipers and rear disc is really worth it.. any thought for me? Ive been "building" up a motor and should carry high high 400s low 500 hp. whats your advice to me here? lol

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Well honestly what motor are you planning on running to get those numbers? I don't think you need to worry so much about your drums and calipers especially since the rear doesn't matter all too much. The front end is where the majority of your braking will occur.

haks310

Got LEDs?
Reaction score
Yeah, and running 16" wheels and do not think you will be able to run larger rotors. If you are planning on keeping those wheels then upgrading to quality rotors and pads along with SS lines would be good. There is also the HydroBoost install.

haks310

Got LEDs?
Reaction score
For the ABS? Straight foward, panel has a diagram and everything.

GoodmanOX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jenna: How are you liking that set up? Did you get the premium slotted and drilled or just the premium slotted? I have a set of hawk hps pads, r1 premium slotted rotors, and goodridge ss lines sitting in my living room waiting for spring break to put them on my tahoe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jimxms