broken sway bar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CT Tahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
the rear sway bar on my '02 Tahoe w/autoride is broken. It broke just after where the bar passes through the axle bracket. Right now the broken end is just zip tied up/out of the way. I'm debating if I should replace the sway bar or just delete the thing. i'm leaning towards deletion, unless it would drastically effect the handling. Any advice please.

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
Definately replace it. Its worth it. If ur just being cheap then go to the junkyard and get one. Shouldnt bw bad on the price at all. How did you break it?

OP
OP
C

CT Tahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Definately replace it. Its worth it. If ur just being cheap then go to the junkyard and get one. Shouldnt bw bad on the price at all. How did you break it?

I smacked my passenger rear tire against a curb backing out of a parking spot and then about 5 minutes later had to make a hard turn to the right/left while going about 30mph to avoid running into the back of a car that suddenly decided to stop. I think that the combination of these 2 things just over stressed the bar and caused it to break.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968