Changing Rims on a Hybrid

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't be so sure. GM is known for screwing people. I guarantee you if you use that, dealers will claim it's not covered under warranty.

eh, negative. If GM supplies my vehicle with a "tire sealant" from the GM Factory, and it ***** up my wheels, they are covering it. not a matter of "maybe," its a confirm.

Now, if I go and use a 3rd party tire sealant, yeah, different story.

stevek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
eh, negative. If GM supplies my vehicle with a "tire sealant" from the GM Factory, and it ***** up my wheels, they are covering it. not a matter of "maybe," its a confirm.

Now, if I go and use a 3rd party tire sealant, yeah, different story.

That sealant crap will get all over the inside(outside?) of your wheels, inside the tires, sit inside the TPMS sensor... it'll dry up and cause a whole mess of problems. Good luck with GM

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
soulsea did you get the 24s mounted yet?

lol, what perfect timing ... I was just going to go outside to take pics. :)

Those and pics of a whole bunch of stuff I had installed today will be up very soon.

---------- Post added at 04:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:48 PM ----------

Oh what the heck ... I don't want to torment you. :)

Here's one as a teaser:

picture.php

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
by the way how do you put up big pics like that?

Erm, I just uploaded it to one of 'my album' ... it was actually 800x600 originally but I guess it resized it.

---------- Post added at 05:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:00 PM ----------

Here's another one:

picture.php

---------- Post added at 05:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:04 PM ----------

I'm actually going to take some better ones tomorrow after a wash and on level ground ... you can't tell on these pics but they're taken on a serious downhill and side slope which don't do the truck justice.

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it still looks really good, does it still ride as nice as before? or is it a little more rough?

To be honest I can't tell the difference in ride quality ... but then again I haven't hit any giant potholes yet or tried to drive in the snow. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pjoe1320