Changing Rims on a Hybrid

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stevek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i was under the impression that a supercharger that comes with larger fuel injectors than what the stock vehicle comes with, a larger fuel pump, etc, needed a tune to adjust the spark and larger amount of air and fuel that the supercharger will demand under boost conditions?

I did not gain gas mileage with any of them I had (MP112 w/ 42lb, MP122HH w/ 60lb, and TVS1900 w/ 42lb). But I did not gain gas mileage either.

Weird, maybe it depends on the supercharger...

(sorry to threadjack, just an interesting topic that I have never heard of)

Might be larger injectors and fuel pump, but that's to counteract the higher pressure required to force the fuel into the valve.

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Alright alright, everyone zip up and calm down ... no one is to piss on anyone or at anything just yet. I'll make sure to run any potential purchase by all interested parties before any decision is made. You know, to make sure YOU guys are happy! :waytogo:

:)

that's better....

:Handshake:

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi folks, sorry to keep bugging everyone with this 'issue' ...

So I have an 'in' that may enable me to get the oem 22s I want at wholesale.

Nevertheless, I've been seriously contemplating doing something different, which would have me installing the wheel/tire package I want and just switch em back if I have to go to the dealer for warranty work. Notwithstanding the soundness of of this plan :) I wanted to find out if I can actually get the look I always wanted.

Basically I am trying to achieve this wheel/tire look on my tahoe:

bmw-x5_m_2010_1600x1200_wallpaper_10.jpg

At the moment I'm talking about getting as close to this without suspension changes. What I want is the 'widest' wheel/tire footprint relative to the truck.

How do I do that? What I mean is what is the size wheel/tire combo that is going to get me closest to this look without rubbing issues?

Last edited:

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
now you are talking custom made 3pc wheels! yeah baby!!!

24x15!!!! 405/25/24 in the rear...

24x10 up front with a 285/30/24

Big ballin now son!

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:rocking: Let's get dem on dur!!

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
24x15!!!! 405/25/24 in the rear...

24x10 up front with a 285/30/24

Erm, are you sure I can do that with a 4wd truck?
Doesn't that mess with stuff like traction control and all that? :think:

On the other hand the X5 M above has this sort of configuration, albeit with smaller rims/tires.

I would love to see an example where this mod has been done on a 4wd Tahoe.

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Erm, are you sure I can do that with a 4wd truck?
Doesn't that mess with stuff like traction control and all that? :think:

On the other hand the X5 M above has this sort of configuration, albeit with smaller rims/tires.

I would love to see an example where this mod has been done on a 4wd Tahoe.

not sure what you mean does it mess with traction control? What are you referring to?

Running a staggered wheel won't mess up traction control, atleast not from what I've experienced? :think: Most of my setups have always been staggered with narrower wheels up front and wide in the rear...

JimZ

Reaction score
Not sure if it helps but the Denali Hybrid comes standard with 22's. So i would think you'd be ok.

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@ SuperchargedSS:

I probably don't know what I'm talking about with the TC stuff ...
I suppose if the total circumference of the wheel/tire combo is the same front and back it shouldn't make a difference ... do I have that right?

---------- Post added at 10:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 PM ----------

Not sure if it helps but the Denali Hybrid comes standard with 22's. So i would think you'd be ok.

Thanks JZ,

Yup yup, I'm definitely good to change to eom 22's, in fact I think I posted the email from GM customer service confirming as much.

But I am afraid, and as you probably can tell we have moved a little beyond that :) ... as per scss' wishes, and pending 2nd mortgage, I have to apparently get something hugely expensive to be something called 'ballin' :D

eanmizell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only reason we would do staggered rims is for looks, but as for like my mustang, i have staggered wheels for a larger contact patch in the rear for better traction, and for looks :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rescurat