Chevrolet Suburban 3500 Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It rides so much better now and a lot more planted. Crazy how much a difference they make.
I went with the RS 9000XL. I was pretty shocked that both fronts would not rebound/extend at all. Wonder if both were old stock or something to that effect?
Seems a plausible theory, but even old stock should last on the shelf almost indefinitely in a climate controlled warehouse.

OP
OP
B

Bigburb3500

Reaction score
Seems a plausible theory, but even old stock should last on the shelf almost indefinitely in a climate controlled warehouse.
One would think… but if I get a second set that do not rebound by themselves I will call Rancho to ensure this is how the product is supposed to be. The fronts are different than the backs in the sense the red boot is molded onto the fronts vs the buyer has to install the rear boot. So maybe there is something intrinsically different.

gtrslngrchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't take this as absolute truth but I think my Rancho 9000XLs didn't expand either. Having been through 3 or 4 sets of them you'd think I would remember for sure but I don't. They all definitely didn't expand when I pulled them off for not working anymore.

If they ARE supposed to expand then I feel incredibly validated about my pre-purchase advice on them :rotflmao:

OP
OP
B

Bigburb3500

Reaction score
Don't take this as absolute truth but I think my Rancho 9000XLs didn't expand either. Having been through 3 or 4 sets of them you'd think I would remember for sure but I don't. They all definitely didn't expand when I pulled them off for not working anymore.

If they ARE supposed to expand then I feel incredibly validated about my pre-purchase advice on them :rotflmao:
Your advise MAY be valid and I will confirm next week when the replacement fronts arrive. The rears were great tho and I cannot believe how much difference they make. Haven’t messed with settings yet, but there is a HUGE difference on setting 1 vs 9 just manually compressing them prior to install.
I will be fully taking advantage of their warranty until I can afford Kings or something similar.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jimxms