code P0307 and C0561-71

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
P0307 is misfire on #7. I would check your wiring on #7, pull the sparkplug if nothing looks out of place and inspect.
If you still can't find anything, start swapping parts with another cylinder (plugs/wires/coils)

C0561-71 is a traction control code which might be set because of your misfire.

OP
OP
HoeinOrangecounty

HoeinOrangecounty

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
P0307 is misfire on #7. I would check your wiring on #7, pull the sparkplug if nothing looks out of place and inspect.
If you still can't find anything, start swapping parts with another cylinder (plugs/wires/coils)

C0561-71 is a traction control code which might be set because of your misfire.
i swapped the wires and coils 2 months ago i only drive the truck to school and hangout nothing crazy, should i still check to be sure?

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i swapped the wires and coils 2 months ago i only drive the truck to school and hangout nothing crazy, should i still check to be sure?

was it missfiring 2 months ago and that why you replaced coils and wires?

I'm guessing it wasn't, so now you have to trouble shoot what broke. cars break, they aren't appliances like a toaster on your kitchen counter. if could be any of about 10 reasons, you will have to find out why by going thru the steps starting with above..

also check to see if the spark plug is loose on number 7. I'm only guessing you didn't replace them yourself, so double check the work. if they come loose it can cause a missfire.

OP
OP
HoeinOrangecounty

HoeinOrangecounty

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
was it missfiring 2 months ago and that why you replaced coils and wires?

I'm guessing it wasn't, so now you have to trouble shoot what broke. cars break, they aren't appliances like a toaster on your kitchen counter. if could be any of about 10 reasons, you will have to find out why by going thru the steps starting with above..

also check to see if the spark plug is loose on number 7. I'm only guessing you didn't replace them yourself, so double check the work. if they come loose it can cause a missfire.
yes i had the same issue before with the misfire and the spark plug fixed it perfect a month later here i am again. last time i changed them all of them wear not dirty except for #7 which was very dirty. can it be the way i am applying them? with too much grease? or any at all

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sounds like you should pull the plug on #7 and inspect it. take a pic and post it. might be able to tell if it's fuel or oil fouled.

how many miles on it?

as far as putting them in wrong. probably not, some plugs say use stuff in the threads, some don't. I've don't it both ways thou and haven't had a issue. especially if it's black inside, it's probably not your threads.

OP
OP
HoeinOrangecounty

HoeinOrangecounty

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
sounds like you should pull the plug on #7 and inspect it. take a pic and post it. might be able to tell if it's fuel or oil fouled.

how many miles on it?

as far as putting them in wrong. probably not, some plugs say use stuff in the threads, some don't. I've don't it both ways thou and haven't had a issue. especially if it's black inside, it's probably not your threads.
dropped 2 photos below not sure if these were the exact ones but this is when i recently changed them

Attachments

• IMG_7872.png
    IMG_7872.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_7871.png
    IMG_7871.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 2

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so what you're looking for is fouled out plug in that cyl the code says is missing, the tip that's inside the engine. can only see that on the clean plug in the pic above and it looks good. the other one looks like black oil or something on the threads, but that's usually from outside the engine, like a valve cover leak or something. usually doesn't effects it. but for those pics to be helpful you'd need to know which one came from the cylinder that was missing last time.

I do wonder what you're using on the threads, you said grease but I just guessed you were calling anti-seize greese. but they are 2 different things. now that I see the little black packet under the plug, it makes me wonder if it's not actually axle grease? you can put a thin layer of anti-seize on the threads but probably not good to use grease. to be fair I don't know a good reason why not, other than it's just not done and may make a bad connection to the block electricity thur the threads. these days NGK recommends installing their plugs dry threads. better electrical conductive and the plug needs to ground thru the threads to the engine block for the plug to fire.

with all that said, you'd need to go remove the plug from the car, take a pic of the end of the plug that's in the engine. that would hopefully give an idea of what's going on in there. then if it's not really obvious what's wrong, swap it to another cylinder and then see if the miss fire fault code follows it to that new cylinder.

side note, did you use Bosch plugs last time? I personally have horrible luck with Bosch. these engines seem to run best with the oem acdelco plugs. but not bought from Amazon or ebay. believe it or not there's cheap knock off plugs all over those sites that looks perfect but can cause more issues than they solve. a local auto parts store or a site like rock. auto is usually recommended around here.

does this engine have afm active? #7 is an afm cylinder. is there's a tapping noise while running?

OP
OP
HoeinOrangecounty

HoeinOrangecounty

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
so what you're looking for is fouled out plug in that cyl the code says is missing, the tip that's inside the engine. can only see that on the clean plug in the pic above and it looks good. the other one looks like black oil or something on the threads, but that's usually from outside the engine, like a valve cover leak or something. usually doesn't effects it. but for those pics to be helpful you'd need to know which one came from the cylinder that was missing last time.

I do wonder what you're using on the threads, you said grease but I just guessed you were calling anti-seize greese. but they are 2 different things. now that I see the little black packet under the plug, it makes me wonder if it's not actually axle grease? you can put a thin layer of anti-seize on the threads but probably not good to use grease. to be fair I don't know a good reason why not, other than it's just not done and may make a bad connection to the block electricity thur the threads. these days NGK recommends installing their plugs dry threads. better electrical conductive and the plug needs to ground thru the threads to the engine block for the plug to fire.

with all that said, you'd need to go remove the plug from the car, take a pic of the end of the plug that's in the engine. that would hopefully give an idea of what's going on in there. then if it's not really obvious what's wrong, swap it to another cylinder and then see if the miss fire fault code follows it to that new cylinder.

side note, did you use Bosch plugs last time? I personally have horrible luck with Bosch. these engines seem to run best with the oem acdelco plugs. but not bought from Amazon or ebay. believe it or not there's cheap knock off plugs all over those sites that looks perfect but can cause more issues than they solve. a local auto parts store or a site like rock. auto is usually recommended around here.

does this engine have afm active? #7 is an afm cylinder. is there's a tapping noise while running?
i will do it when i get the chance, afm isnt tapping yet which is good atleast lifter hasnt collapsed i didnt use bosch only ac delco

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aj124