Cost of 30k tuneup?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

baron

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will check that out. Thanks Baron, good post.

Sure, notta problem. I have never used the lab tests, but I've read a bit over on Bob. Before I had the Yukon, I had an x5, and before that, it was a Jetta. The BMW folks are pretty **** about keeping all fluids in check, but the *** guys are twice as critical. ***'s are known to have... issues. If we weren't running with a CEL, it was probably because it was just reset and hadn't had a chance to come on again. One of the big issues with a number of cars was a tranny that liked to fail. The big HP and track guys would get their transmission fluid and oil checked fairly regularly. When you are getting 300+hp out of a 1.8 liter engine, things tend to wear a little faster.

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't use synthetic, I just change my regular oil religiously at 2500-3k. My oil at 3k looks much cleaner than at 5k. That's all I personally care about. I run thicker oil in the summer and thinner oil in the winter :waytogo:

B

phileaglesfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What was the dealer planning on doing for that amount? I don't let the dealer tell me what I need at certain mileage. I wonder if people that still change their oil at 3k change their air fliters at 12k. I usually go about 5-7k between changes. A dealer will be glad to show you the difference of oil color. That is one sure way to get a lot of people to get an oil change when it reality the oil is just doing its job.

At $30k you should just have a tire rotation/oil change. I think the trasnfer case is at 50k, tranny at 50k for severe use (which is just about everyone), axles are never, spark plugs 100k. Of course I don't go by these recommendations but 30k is too early IMO. Maybe an air filter at 30k and cabin filter depending on where you live.

BLK07LT

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
U guys gave good info, my 2007 tahoe only has 28000 miles and was thinking bout the 30k but had always heard not 2 do it that early, think I'll wait to atleast 50k, but will do my 5k oil change like I have been doing...

blackcoffee

O.G. Black.
Reaction score
If you REALLY care, invest in some nice synthetic tranny fluid.
Other then that, use synthetic oil, put some air in your tires, clean the engine bay, check your brakes, check your battery, etc?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968