DFM disabler released

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Overall very pleased. I am waiting to see what actually happens to mileage.

It won’t affect your MPG as mush as you think…

To be honest you might notice 1-2 less mpg. Which IMO (and based on your experience so far) does not out weigh the increased drivability, improved driving experience, and potential increase of reliability.

Browner

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It sounds interesting…there’s a little bit of an install process removing an ECU connector and fender liner. I was hoping more for a dish connector easy install. :)

Curious how it works out for you. Thanks for the info on it.
I installed it appx 5 weeks ago, super simple. What I noticed, first drive it seemed as though the trans wasn't hunting meaning wasn't shifting as much and maybe what I felt prior was cylinder deactivating, not sure but really smoothed things out. Pulled the boat the next day and thought the same thing. Really impressed and enjoy start/stop not active. Like the AFM disabler I put in my '15 I think it may have picked up MPG.

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed it appx 5 weeks ago, super simple. What I noticed, first drive it seemed as though the trans wasn't hunting meaning wasn't shifting as much and maybe what I felt prior was cylinder deactivating, not sure but really smoothed things out. Pulled the boat the next day and thought the same thing. Really impressed and enjoy start/stop not active. Like the AFM disabler I put in my '15 I think it may have picked up MPG.
Did you remove your wheel and whatnot like the instructions recommend? Or could you gain access without doing all of that?

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also, do you folks believe that you'd need to remove the module prior to taking the truck to the dealership for miscellaneous service?

Scarey

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Park with the wheel hard over to the left. Use a floor jack to raise the frame a few inches and slide on your back from the nose. Simply bend the fender liner out of the way and unclip the wiring harness and snap in the new module and plug the original harness on to the new module. Pay attention to the install video how they both clip and unclip.

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Park with the wheel hard over to the left. Use a floor jack to raise the frame a few inches and slide on your back from the nose. Simply bend the fender liner out of the way and unclip the wiring harness and snap in the new module and plug the original harness on to the new module. Pay attention to the install video how they both clip and unclip.
Could you also raise the suspension to the highest setting and avoid having to use a jack?

Marky Dissod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also, do you ... need to remove the module prior to taking the truck to the dealership for miscellaneous service?
Miscellaneous service? It should depend on the service.
Either that, or whether or not the dealer / mechanic is a nosy busybody.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PPV_2018

Latest posts