DIY: High Flow Stock Airbox (Swiss Cheese Mod)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
So which is better, the CAI or the home-brew swiss-cheese mod?

I can probably part with a $100, but the cheaper solution is also sly...my wife would most likely have no clue because it'd look the same.

;)

Reaction score
IMO CAI would be better because you have an open filter, and a slick metal tube instead of a ruff plastic one. But the holes in the box cost $0 and thats a pretty good price.

thehoe92

fo sho
Reaction score
So which is better, the CAI or the home-brew swiss-cheese mod?

I can probably part with a $100, but the cheaper solution is also sly...my wife would most likely have no clue because it'd look the same.

;)

without a tune you will see the same gain as the swiss cheese mod but with more of an audible effect :imo:

I still need to get pictures up of mine but I love it, throttle response is way better and thats saying something even after I got my BlackBear

especially on an 03 where it isn't a physical throttle cable its computer controlled

amaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a thought... If you drill holes to the airfilter box, wouldn't your engine suck hot air from the engine bay instead of cold(er) air from outside?

thehoe92

fo sho
Reaction score
don't know how well you can see it
IMG_8801.jpg

IMG_8802.jpg

there is a huge slot cut on both sides

dropmech

Puddle Pirate
Reaction score
did you pull that rubber behind the light but infront of the air box out so you can get cooler air

If you are talking to me, no. Another guy here said he cut a hole in his tray, but i looked like mine already and had one from the factory. So I'm getting cooler air from that.

highrollin113

Undercover
Reaction score
no i was asking the hoe92 cause the pics show his holes on the side of the air box facing the front, i was originally going to do mine there as well and remove the rubber behind the headlight, and ya i am the one that cut the hole in my tray and put my hole on the bottom, how did you do yours? pics

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRBJU52

Latest posts