DOD Delete Cost

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blondie70

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wanted to swing this by you gents....DOD Plus and paying a shop.
Got a parts list on Summit...TruckNorris cam plus everything to install it. Also a rear engine seal and a good billet cover torque converter.
All these parts come to right at $2000

Talked to a shop (only one) and cost to to the DOD and install the torque converter is $4000 (this includes all fluids)

I am old and have a bad neck, so I ain't doing it.

How do these numbers look to y'all ?
Thanks, Pete

homesick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you not just turn it off? IIRC, that's what my mechanic did on my '07 Escalade, 6.2.

joe

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you not just turn it off? IIRC, that's what my mechanic did on my '07 Escalade, 6.2.

joe

sadly just a temp fix. they all fail someday, somehow even the non dod/afm lifters.

cost, I have no idea but sounds expensive. like replacement engine expensive,(if you can trust the replacement these days) if it's a 6.2 valve seat dropper. hate to do all that work and have it lunch the engine because of a seat.

homesick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sadly just a temp fix. they all fail someday, somehow even the non dod/afm lifters.

cost, I have no idea but sounds expensive. like replacement engine expensive,(if you can trust the replacement these days) if it's a 6.2 valve seat dropper. hate to do all that work and have it lunch the engine because of a seat.

IIRC, again, he didn't guarantee no problems, but said turning it off would greatly help my odds. And he did it for free, I think; or damn near.

FWIW, as far as lifters, in general, go- an episode of 'Engine Masters' said that well-built, reliable, lifters were becoming near impossible to find.

joe

strutaeng

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got a parts list on Summit...TruckNorris cam plus everything to install it. Also a rear engine seal and a good billet cover torque converter.

Talked to a shop (only one) and cost to to the DOD and install the torque converter is $4000 (this includes all fluids)

Thanks, Pete
I think that sounds reasonable. They'll essentially have to remove the top end of of the engine, transmission and bottom oil pan to replace the rear main seal.

I think it's wise you are doing everything at the same time. You definitely don't want to do the RMS, then have a converter fail or vice versa.

Does your truck also require a tune to disable the AFM? I think you also have to allow for that. Actually, I just realized the fact that you are going with an aftermarket camshaft with different specs will require a tune, in itself I'm pretty sure.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Thanks, Pete
That's a fair deal if it includes the TC replacement, too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CustomCoffinWorks