Driver door courtesy light stays on all the time while all other lights go off properly. Ideas why? I did change the courtesy lights to LED

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

meaton5150

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Have you replaced the driver's door latch? That's what tells the BCM that the door is closed.
Yes, the latch was replaced when I replaced I lock actuator. After extensive diagnosis I think it may be related to the master window switch. When I disconnected the blue harness from the switch, puddle lights turned off but door lights stayed on. When the larger harness with the securing latch was disconnected, door panel lights turned off. The cheap Amazon replacement I ordered confirmed the switch fit, but it did not specify if it was for fixed or adjustable gas pedal. It worked for a couple of days without issues until I adjusted the gas pedal...that is when I noticed the lights would not turn off. I just ordered a new window that is designed specifically for keyless entry, with adjustable gas pedal. I will update if it fixes the problem once it's installed

meaton5150

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yes, the latch was replaced when I replaced I lock actuator. After extensive diagnosis I think it may be related to the master window switch. When I disconnected the blue harness from the switch, puddle lights turned off but door lights stayed on. When the larger harness with the securing latch was disconnected, door panel lights turned off. The cheap Amazon replacement I ordered confirmed the switch fit, but it did not specify if it was for fixed or adjustable gas pedal. It worked for a couple of days without issues until I adjusted the gas pedal...that is when I noticed the lights would not turn off. I just ordered a new window that is designed specifically for keyless entry, with adjustable gas pedal. I will update if it fixes the problem once it's installed
Just wanted to update on previous post. I installed the replacement window switch designed for keyless entry with adjustable pedals and it seemed to fix the problem...but only for a day!! It went back to the door courtesy and puddle lights staying on. I ended up finding an oem replacement switch at the local pick n pull that afternoon and it has fixed the problem!!! Moral of the story, don't buy cheap knock off junk online...cough up the extra few dollars and buy oem or find a decent one at your local junk yard!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tahoetyler