Emissions Test Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
EddieC

EddieC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
interesting.. what state do you live in. I wish er could sort out the specs for each state. I sware someone just passed theirs with the evap not ready before everyone else passed.

was yours just evap not ready. or others on the list not ready too.
There were three "not readys", probably because I had done CEL reset a few days before only for a P0449 code. I didn't realize that the action would erase other stored data but the CEL alone would be a test failure.
The three things not ready were Oxygen sensor, Heated Oxygen sensor and the EVAP system.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Check your I/M monitors with your scanner to see if the O2 codes passed by now, and that the evap is the only issue.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
MikeZ71,
On a quick peek on the status today I did see some "No"s listed but didn't write them down.

On the procedure that you posted, does that have to be done from a clean reset or do it anytime after some driving?

Also in the linked article it mentions "EVAP Service bay test".
Can you shed light on that?
A evap test can be done with a tech2 under certain circumstances, like it has to be cold, then the test has to be ran with rpm's held between 2~4k rpm or something like that and if you accidentally bump it up or down you have to start over and then it's no longer "cold" so ya major pita.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There were three "not readys", probably because I had done CEL reset a few days before only for a P0449 code. I didn't realize that the action would erase other stored data but the CEL alone would be a test failure.
The three things not ready were Oxygen sensor, Heated Oxygen sensor and the EVAP system.

ahh that makes sense, yeah you gotta catch with when it's the only one that says. unavailable but everything else has passed but not long enough it sets the check engine light.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamkribtwl7983