Expedition vs Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You got a 21 or a 22? Do you have the Advanced Technology Package?

My 22 Denali w/ the Advanced Technology Package turns on the front cam when you get close to something...will shoot a video of it if I get a chance, it happens every time I pull in the garage.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just tested this out to verify and my front cam for sure DOES NOT come on when the sensor thing on the dash gets into the red. I got out and front bumper was a few inches off a building column
Something wrong then, mine flips to the camera up on the first beep entering the garage at say under 5 miles an hour.

suterusu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's a thread elsewhere on the forum where you can add the camera hard button to the '21's.

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You got a 21 or a 22? Do you have the Advanced Technology Package?

My 22 Denali w/ the Advanced Technology Package turns on the front cam when you get close to something...will shoot a video of it if I get a chance, it happens every time I pull in the garage.
It's a '21 SLT and does not have advanced tech package but it does have the slt premium package with hd surround vision so I think that means I have most the camera wizardry that's available. I doubt this is related but ever since I washed it the other day the front cam has been coming on all the time when I enter my garage now. Although admittedly I never look at it as I line up the sunroof with the dangly thing from my garage door opener to tell me when to stop

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2022 Q1 figures are ideal for GM against its competitors because, realistically, there were no competitors in Q1.

The 2022 Ford Expedition basically wasn't delivered for Q1 because that's when they had a gap going from the 2021 model year to the 2022 model year production.

The Jeep Wagoneer and Grand Wagoneer are completely new so it'll be interesting to see sales over the next few quarters.

The Toyota Sequioa doesn't start deliveries until August 2022 for the 2023 model year.

It's hard to guess what the production output will be, but by 2022 Q4, I wouldn't be surprised if Ford starts delivering an extra 15,000 Expeditions, Jeep an extra 10,000 of the Wagoneers and Grand Wagoneers combined, and Toyota delivers 5,000 - 10,000 Sequoias. If GM's competitors start delivering an extra 20,000 or more units combined per quarter, we should start to see some dealer stock inventory start to show up on dealer lots. This would be especially true if GM also increases production and the economy starts to struggle and demand decreases.
I agree with a lot of this but I think the wagoneer will be limited to a select few. Super nice interior, but damn that side profile is f*ckin goofy lol. The new Tahoe/ Yukon’s are just major head turners, everybody wants one

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with a lot of this but I think the wagoneer will be limited to a select few. Super nice interior, but damn that side profile is f*ckin goofy lol. The new Tahoe/ Yukon’s are just major head turners, everybody wants one
Those wagoneers get uglier the more you see them. Usually it's the opposite with a new model looking funky at first sight then it grows on you but those jeeps just do not look good once you look past the front end

Polo08816

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those wagoneers get uglier the more you see them. Usually it's the opposite with a new model looking funky at first sight then it grows on you but those jeeps just do not look good once you look past the front end
I saw a few of them on the road in the NoVA area and the front end us fine but the rear of them sort of look goofy.

But at the end of the day, pricing drives sales and if Jeep starts discounting them enough, it'll still eat into competitor sales once production levels are sufficient.

todayusay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw a few of them on the road in the NoVA area and the front end us fine but the rear of them sort of look goofy.

But at the end of the day, pricing drives sales and if Jeep starts discounting them enough, it'll still eat into competitor sales once production levels are sufficient.

There are dealers already discounting ordered Wagoneers...whereas Tahoes/Yukons seem to still be commanding sticker at a minimum

sanman28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bingo

Polo08816

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are dealers already discounting ordered Wagoneers...whereas Tahoes/Yukons seem to still be commanding sticker at a minimum
Correct. You can order them for 6% under invoice at Koons Vienna (VA).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ngraham2010