Expedition vs Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Steebu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Half the stuff that guy says is unintelligible. I just can't listen to him talk. :(

I'd have to agree. I've only watched his Yukon reviews while doing my research and they're painful to watch because of his enunciation and talking speed. And he ends all his sentences with, "And that's all there is for that."

He also has a "2022 Denali review" where he states, "Today I'm going to be reviewing a 2022 ..." and it's clearly a 2021.

Regardless, I think the Denali looks way better than the Expedition. Just can't get excited about it.

Shaggy

Admin/Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What I have noticed over the years of owning both TYF and EF(ExpeditionForum.com) is that the SUV market is dominated by GM. Not exactly sure why but to me, the older expedition's look and design couldn't hold a candle towards the tahoes. GM had just made a much better vehicle then Ford did.

Ford finally smartened up and created a great SUV design with the new Expeditions that will now slowly take GM's stake in the SUV market. Give it a few years and sales of Expeditions will creep closer and closer to Tahoe sales.

sickk21

Reaction score
Give it a few years and sales of Expeditions will creep closer and closer to Tahoe sales.
I mean if this were 2017 you’d be right. But ford has had a few years and they haven’t.

Baja_Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use the front camera to park my '21 yukon in the garage, it's easy to get the camera open from the display. I wish it would turn on the front view automatically at 5 mph or less, kinda like the rear view opens when reverse is selected.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine turns on at the 1st beep of any front sensor if you are less than 5 mph…

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Front cam on ours comes on at random but there seems to be no rhyme or reason. Example, when parking in our garage the front sensors beep and vibrate each and every time but the camera only activates about a quarter of the time. I don't get close enough to anything for sensors to get into the red and I crawl into the garage because the side mirrors are super tight on each side so definitely under 5 mph

WVBKW

Reaction score
The Expedition is a great vehicle. I have had two along with many GM’s. I currently have a 22 Sub Z71 and 21 Denali Ultimate.

I had a 2020 Expedition Plat with Heavy Duty Tow (3.73).

I love the looks of the new GM’s. They are hard to beat. Our Denali is a head turner.

However Ford has an overall great package. The V6 is a brute and with them adding the Raptor version with 510ftlbs it will absolutely outperform the 6.2…. Won’t sound as good, but will out perform.

Seats aren’t even close, ford wins. Plus they have had massage for a long time now.

GM wins with air ride. I love that feature. No squatty rear when towing, plus love the ability to raise the vehicle off road or deep snow. Also the screen…. I agree I’m not a huge fan of the giant floating screen.

The Wagoneer is actually better than both. It takes the good qualities from Ford and GM. I drove one all day last week. Drives, handles, tons of power, sounds great,and interior is incredibly nice… I just can’t get past the looks! Not for me.

Competition is great. I believe GM will continue their dominance. Their looks just appeal to more people. Now if we could just get the darn things!

Last edited:

Baja_Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If my '21 Yukon started having problems (electrical, lifter) I would consider getting rid of it for an Explorer and give GM a few years to fix their issues. I really like the Yukon and the Ford has some nice features but I couldn't buy the Jeep, the side view is ugly. The Wagoneer price is almost that of the Denali, and I much rather have a Escalade than a Grand Wagoneer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pnut