Expedition vs Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Polo08816

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GM sold more Tahoes in the USA in 2021 then any year prior

2021 was GM's 3rd best year in terms of Yukon's sold. 2022 they're on pace to sell 84k, which is 10k more cars than their best years (2018 & 2019)

This is during an industry wide shortage of vehicles. Where the majority of people are paying over MSRP.

Your go to Koons Vienna to go buy a Wagoneer at XYZ price doesn't apply to 95% of the people who purchase cars. People shop within their market. Very few go out of state and if they do, its to a neighboring state. It is rare for your local market to have dealers who are all over the place....they typically are pretty competitive. Sure there usually is one whos the cheapest or the favorite and one dealer who's absurdly expensive...but they're both still selling cars.

A Wagoneer bites the dust.

Polo08816

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Another Ford Expedition Max Limited Stealth Performance Package review showed up on Youtube.

sickk21

Reaction score
Last time I checked, the Traverse and Arcadia still have plenty of room.....
The Acadia sucks so bad you don’t even know what it’s actually called. Not to mention the boring Enclave, and noncompetitive XT6. GM got four chances to make one and each one is completely lackluster.
That's why I also think Toyota isn't going to do much in this space. The top trim Sequoia is over $70k. That's is insanely expensive for that brand....
$70k for a fully loaded full size? Sign me up! What makes you think a Chevy is worth anymore lmfaooo loaded Tahoe is $80-90k. New Sequioa is going to wipe the floor with it.

firsttimetahoe

Reaction score
The Acadia sucks so bad you don’t even know what it’s actually called. Not to mention the boring Enclave, and noncompetitive XT6. GM got four chances to make one and each one is completely lackluster.

$70k for a fully loaded full size? Sign me up! What makes you think a Chevy is worth anymore lmfaooo loaded Tahoe is $80-90k. New Sequioa is going to wipe the floor with it.

Acadia outsold Yukons pretty easily for many years in a row before the inventory issues….

My point was people buying these are making a statement for the most part. Plenty of families navigate families who need 3 rows of seating in smaller cars lol.

And $70k is what their top level trim starts at. So it’s not fully loaded. Imagine people saying wow that Toyota looks really nice (it does) and they say what’s the sticker on that baby and you say $80k and they go, you spent $80 grand on a Toyota?!?!?!?!?!?

Polo08816

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These things look worse as they stretch them out. And for that extra room expect probably another $4-5k over the current wagoner MSRP.

These things will be discontinued after 2024. I’m calling it
I've learned that that looks are subjective. The two tone color treatment of the Grand Wagoneer makes the vehicle look worse in my opinion.

We should see pricing announced soon because they announced EPA fuel economy figures. The Wagoneer Series 1 4x4 is $62k invoice and $64k MSRP.

If GM doesn't step up its production game, why would Jeep stop production if there's a market and it's selling in sufficient volume to make a profit?

Polo08816

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Acadia outsold Yukons pretty easily for many years in a row before the inventory issues….

My point was people buying these are making a statement for the most part. Plenty of families navigate families who need 3 rows of seating in smaller cars lol.

And $70k is what their top level trim starts at. So it’s not fully loaded. Imagine people saying wow that Toyota looks really nice (it does) and they say what’s the sticker on that baby and you say $80k and they go, you spent $80 grand on a Toyota?!?!?!?!?!?
I wouldn't spent $80k on a Toyota. Then again I wouldn't spend $80k on a Tahoe or a Suburban. The only Chevy that's worth $80k is the Corvette in my opinion.

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll bet that $80k toyota is worth more than a $80k gm 5 years down the road. Toyotas have always held very high resale values as they are known for reliability and quality of builds. The same cannot be said of new GM products unfortunately

altona

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First sentence may hold true, but the latest batch of 2022 Tundra owners are sure not a happy group of campers. Many reports of turbo waste gate failures and glitchy electronics. If this continues or spreads to other "refreshed" models than all bets are off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tahoe guy