Expedition vs Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Polo08816

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like GM, Stellantis will sell almost every Wagoneer and Grand Wagoneer they have built. In fact, when you consider the Wagoneer and Grand Wagoneer are completely new entries into this segment, it's pretty impressive. Once production ramps up and the long wheel base version is offered, you don't see Stellantis selling 6,000 units of the Grand Wagoneer per quarter in 2023? They are already selling over 3,000 units of the Grand Wagoneer per quarter in Q1 2022.

No shot.

Why can I go to every local Jeep dealership by me and find these available on the lot for sale?

But I can’t find a single Escalade at any Cadilllac?
Perhaps because you're only shopping in your local market and your local market dealers are charging over MSRP?

I don't see any in inventory at Koons Vienna which is within 1.5 hours of me but they are the ones doing 6% under invoice. They even have a webpage on their site for you to submit your factory custom order.

I absolutely see Jeep selling 6,000 units per quarter with a combination of short and extended wheelbase models.

You could cross shop the domestic short wheel base SUVs against European and Japanese SUVs like the Q7, X5, X7, Lexus LX, but there are really no other options for extended length wheel base. That's why I believe the take rate a Wagoneer L and Grand Wagoneer L will be extremely high if GM and Ford can't ramp up production.

3 Waggoneers on the lot at my local Jeep dealer, and they are advertising on the dealers web site at about $2k under MSRP…”market adjustment” :) I drove it, the Expedition, the Navigator, and a used HC Suburban…then ordered the Denali XL…just sayin!

At the end of the day, it's about market selling price for the consumer and not MSRP. Also we're not sure what the absolute per unit cost to the manufacturer is.

firsttimetahoe

Reaction score
Perhaps because you're only shopping in your local market and your local market dealers are charging over MSRP?

I don't see any in inventory at Koons Vienna which is within 1.5 hours of me but they are the ones doing 6% under invoice. They even have a webpage on their site for you to submit your factory custom order.

I absolutely see Jeep selling 6,000 units per quarter with a combination of short and extended wheelbase models.

You could cross shop the domestic short wheel base SUVs against European and Japanese SUVs like the Q7, X5, X7, Lexus LX, but there are really no other options for extended length wheel base. That's why I believe the take rate a Wagoneer L and Grand Wagoneer L will be extremely high if GM and Ford can't ramp up production.

At the end of the day, it's about market selling price for the consumer and not MSRP. Also we're not sure what the absolute per unit cost to the manufacturer is.

I’m starting to think you’re a sales manager at the Koons Vienna Jeep dealership lol

Again…you’re cherry picking. look at national averages….

Dealers want to make money in an environment where inventory is next to nothing. Charging under invoice is not happening for 99.9% of todays buyers

firsttimetahoe

Reaction score
3 Waggoneers on the lot at my local Jeep dealer, and they are advertising on the dealers web site at about $2k under MSRP…”market adjustment” :) I drove it, the Expedition, the Navigator, and a used HC Suburban…then ordered the Denali XL…just sayin! My XL Denali far exceeded my expectations and rides far better than any of the above.

Yeah. Because no one is going to a Jeep dealership and dropping 6 figures on an SUV lol

One of the big Jeep dealers near me has 32 Wagoneers and 16 grand Wagoneers on their inventory lol

Baja_Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
3 Waggoneers on the lot at my local Jeep dealer, and they are advertising on the dealers web site at about $2k under MSRP…”market adjustment” :) I drove it, the Expedition, the Navigator, and a used HC Suburban…then ordered the Denali XL…just sayin! My XL Denali far exceeded my expectations and rides far better than any of the above.
I saw a Grand Wagoneer series 3 out front of a dealer for $111.000, it was gone 3 days later.

Baja_Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The same dealer I mentioned above has Grand Cherokees for $70.000 and 10 Rams in stock all the time.

firsttimetahoe

Reaction score
The same dealer I mentioned above has Grand Cherokees for $70.000 and 10 Rams in stock all the time.

I’m not saying zero people will buy them. They’ll sell a few. But in a normal market…no chance.

I’ve only seen 1 so far in person driving on the road.

firsttimetahoe

Reaction score
Your neighbor hood is great. But maybe there are some bad areas within 10-25 miles.

For $1000/year liability only, I doubt I'd hold onto the car. I'd probably make the same decision you did.

Can’t imagine my auto insurance premium is so high because of occasional theft in an area within
25 miles. National average is over $1500 a year for car insurance for a single car. Again…idk who your
Insurance companies are but I’ve never heard or rates that low in my entire adult life

Polo08816

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I’m starting to think you’re a sales manager at the Koons Vienna Jeep dealership lol

Again…you’re cherry picking. look at national averages….

Dealers want to make money in an environment where inventory is next to nothing. Charging under invoice is not happening for 99.9% of todays buyers

I prefer the GM full size SUVs over Ford and Stellantis at the moment. But I'm certainly not a GM fanboi that can't realize the market is changing. If GM is leaving sales on the table and isn't stepping up production, someone else is going to.
Yeah. Because no one is going to a Jeep dealership and dropping 6 figures on an SUV lol

One of the big Jeep dealers near me has 32 Wagoneers and 16 grand Wagoneers on their inventory lol

I saw a Grand Wagoneer series 3 out front of a dealer for $111.000, it was gone 3 days later.
Then there's something wrong with that particular Jeep dealer. Or maybe the NY metro area market is not representative of the rest of the US.
I’m not saying zero people will buy them. They’ll sell a few. But in a normal market…no chance.

I’ve only seen 1 so far in person driving on the road.
But in a normal market, we'd see thousands off MSRP for a GM product as well. Again, Stellantis and Ford are trying to fill a void in the market because GM hasn't increased production to meet demand.

Polo08816

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's calling winning.

He lives in an area where not everyone drives like a complete clown and wrecks their car on a regular basis... Or gets their car stolen on a regular basis.

I have full comprehensive insurance from USAA which tends to be more expensive than the other insurance companies for 3 vehicles and my annual premiums are $1800 combined. I've had two deer strikes in the last 3 years and I was always able to choose where to bring my cars. I've always selected dealers that have on-site collision repair centers and are track/motorsports sponsors with zero pushback from USAA.

Can’t imagine my auto insurance premium is so high because of occasional theft in an area within
25 miles. National average is over $1500 a year for car insurance for a single car. Again…idk who your
Insurance companies are but I’ve never heard or rates that low in my entire adult life
If you live in the tri-state area like I did, a lot changes within 25 miles. You will likely drive past a lot of shit holes on the way to and in NYC.

Where I live now, you can cover 40 miles in 40 minutes on my commute during peak traffic hours. In the NY metro area, it could easily take you over an hour just to go 25 miles.

My guess is insurance cost is largely correlated to population density.

firsttimetahoe

Reaction score
But in a normal market, we'd see thousands off MSRP for a GM product as well. Again, Stellantis and Ford are trying to fill a void in the market because GM hasn't increased production to meet demand.

GM technically has increased its production to meet demand because they’ve sold more Tahoes last year then ever before. And this year Yukon is on pace for a record setting year in sales.

I don’t think you realize that the inventory/parts shortage is out of their control. It’s not that they don’t want to produce more cars, it’s just that they can’t.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mattmoore939