Expedition vs Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

firsttimetahoe

Reaction score
450.00 a year….full coverage…

I’ve never even seen Liability only coverage for that price…

Hopefully you never need to file a claim but good luck going through a claim with that. Sounds like they’d be out of business with those prices

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Hopefully you never need to file a claim but good luck going through a claim with that. Sounds like they’d be out of business with those prices
My 21 Yukon is only 592.00 a year. 250/500/100 coverage + 500k uninsured motorist and Towing and loss of use rental. I'm old and a spotless record, + I have many other coverages with this company. They are one of the highest rated insurers in the Midwest.

Polo08816

Full Access Member
Reaction score

My 21 Yukon is only 592.00 a year. 250/500/100 coverage + 500k uninsured motorist and Towing and loss of use rental. I'm old and a spotless record, + I have many other coverages with this company. They are one of the highest rated insurers in the Midwest.

That's calling winning.

He lives in an area where not everyone drives like a complete clown and wrecks their car on a regular basis... Or gets their car stolen on a regular basis.

I have full comprehensive insurance from USAA which tends to be more expensive than the other insurance companies for 3 vehicles and my annual premiums are $1800 combined. I've had two deer strikes in the last 3 years and I was always able to choose where to bring my cars. I've always selected dealers that have on-site collision repair centers and are track/motorsports sponsors with zero pushback from USAA.

Last edited:

Polo08816

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hard to predict in 2023, but we can take a look at 2021 and 2022 numbers.

For the Cadillac Escalade, these figures include both the standard and extended length wheel base for the entire calendar year. I haven't come across 2022 figures for GM yet.

2020 (pre update) - 24,500 units
2021 - 40,500 units

GM has never sold more than 43,000 units of the Escalade per year.

For the Grand Wagoneer, these figures only include standard length wheel base as the extended length wheel base models are a 2023 model.

2021 Q4 - 2,585 units
2022 Q1 - 3,169 units

The way I read these figures is that even just after starting production and deliveries and not yet offering an extended wheel base model, I wouldn't be surprised if we see the total 2022 production finish with at least 10,000 units, or 25% or more of Cadillac Escalade sales.

Also, the take rate of the long wheel base Grand Wagoneer will be remarkably high in the segment because there are only a few options since manufacturers really need a 1/2 ton pickup chassis to base an extended wheel base full size SUV off of.

I think by 2023, Stellantis will be selling a combination of at least 6,000 units of the short wheel base and long wheel base Grand Wagoneer combined per quarter or 24,000 units per year which is sizable.

Also, Toyota has been selling every single new Tundra they've been producing and it's a decent bit more expensive compared to the outgoing Tundra.

It really depends on whether you know what you're doing and how to repair/maintain your car. If you're like the average clueless car owner, then yes, your car will become a decaying pile of shit after 5 years. My track beater is a 2014 335i with 150,000 miles on the odometer with many of those miles being hard track miles. It feels as if it were new. In fact, if you drove it, you would never think there were that many miles on the car. But the cars that I care about are garaged. If your car sits outside or is parallel parked overnight in an urban area, yes, expect a 2 year old car to look like a worn down 10 year old piece of junk. You're paying the unofficial city tax right there.

There’s no way in their first full year the Grand Wagoneer will sell 24k units…if GM is selling just over 40k Escalades.

Also the new Tundra starts at $36k……

If you’re the average clueless car owner, you don’t have a car sitting in your garage or driveway that you don’t take anywhere because it’s on standby in case your regular ride breaks down…where you spend $1000+ a year to insure it.

Idk where the person who pays $400 a year for “full coverage” has his insurance with but I’ve never heard of that in my entire life lol. Hopefully he never has to file a claim but I guess…good luck with that if you ever do lol.
Like GM, Stellantis will sell almost every Wagoneer and Grand Wagoneer they have built. In fact, when you consider the Wagoneer and Grand Wagoneer are completely new entries into this segment, it's pretty impressive. Once production ramps up and the long wheel base version is offered, you don't see Stellantis selling 6,000 units of the Grand Wagoneer per quarter in 2023? They are already selling over 3,000 units of the Grand Wagoneer per quarter in Q1 2022.

firsttimetahoe

Reaction score
That's calling winning.

He lives in an area where not everyone drives like a complete clown and wrecks their car on a regular basis... Or gets their car stolen on a regular basis.

I have a spotless record myself and been driving close to 3 decades. I also live in a great neighborhood with no theft. I donated an old car my in-laws had because liability only coverage was costing me almost $1000 a year. Made no sense to keep it since we never were going
To drive it and it needed a ton of work.

Baja_Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Wagoneer/Grand Wagoneer's off-road capabilities don't impress me, who's gonna take their $90,000+ luxury vehicle rock climbing? The escalade is available with 4 wheel drive but that doesn't mean I plan on taking it off-road.

Polo08816

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a spotless record myself and been driving close to 3 decades. I also live in a great neighborhood with no theft. I donated an old car my in-laws had because liability only coverage was costing me almost $1000 a year. Made no sense to keep it since we never were going
To drive it and it needed a ton of work.
Your neighbor hood is great. But maybe there are some bad areas within 10-25 miles.

For $1000/year liability only, I doubt I'd hold onto the car. I'd probably make the same decision you did.

Polo08816

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Wagoneer/Grand Wagoneer's off-road capabilities don't impress me, who's gonna take their $90,000+ luxury vehicle rock climbing? The escalade is available with 4 wheel drive but that doesn't mean I plan on taking it off-road.
The extended length Wagoneer/Grand Wagoneer's towing capabilities are catching my eye.

I don't really care about the 10,000 figure because each manufacturer plays games with that figure and Jeep is often more optimistic/aggressive in their ratings compared to Ford/GM. Rear axle weight rating matters more.

But, a 3.92 rear end, high output turbo inline 6 Hurricane engine with ~500 hp, ~500 lbsft, and largest fuel tank of the segment at 30.5 gallons may make some gravitate towards it until Ford or GM come back with a 3/4 ton full size SUV. Of course I'd wait at least 2 years for Jeep to work out the issues.

firsttimetahoe

Reaction score
Once production ramps up and the long wheel base version is offered, you don't see Stellantis selling 6,000 units of the Grand Wagoneer per quarter in 2023?

No shot.

Why can I go to every local Jeep dealership by me and find these available on the lot for sale?

But I can’t find a single Escalade at any Cadilllac?

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No shot.

Why can I go to every local Jeep dealership by me and find these available on the lot for sale?

But I can’t find a single Escalade at any Cadilllac?
3 Waggoneers on the lot at my local Jeep dealer, and they are advertising on the dealers web site at about $2k under MSRP…”market adjustment” :) I drove it, the Expedition, the Navigator, and a used HC Suburban…then ordered the Denali XL…just sayin! My XL Denali far exceeded my expectations and rides far better than any of the above.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mattmoore939