EXTREME Body Work???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PR1NCEC10UD

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Has anyone done some massive exterior fab on their tahoe? I'm designing some body panels and have ideas but just thought I'd see what the forum guys think...

New here as of today :p

Also, pics anyone?

Attachments

• DSCN0435.jpg
    DSCN0435.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 160

branndon_b

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i saw an obs with the door molding inserts shaved, ss front bumper, roll pan and chrome fender trim removed. looked a lot like the nnbs with all the doors shaved down like that. didn't take any pics or anything, but it looked really good.

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
welcome. What type of body work did you have in mind? I'd be leary about it unless it is a show truck. Insurance value of these trucks is not much. All us OBS guys spend more money on upgrades than our trucks are worth.

OP
OP
PR1NCEC10UD

PR1NCEC10UD

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
pretty much I am looking at making full size body panels. I will throw some sketches together and post them tomorrow. I'm wanting to widen front of tahoe by 4" either side and include fender flares in the panels themselves. I know the insurance cost is low but I still want to do this lol. also the side mirrors would change to a beefy HD3500 style, with all panels being bolt on.... top to bottom of tahoe

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
doesnt sound easy and doesnt sound fun.. They sell bolt on mirrors that are the big HD style on ebay. As well as bigger flares. Other that that, its all got to be all custom stuff

OP
OP
PR1NCEC10UD

PR1NCEC10UD

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I know it has to be custom but seeing as I live in a place that is going to be cold all winter, figured I might as well have some fun doing some projects indoors. I have a guy who is doing a paint job for me next spring, so I have plenty of time. Thanks for info on the mirrors.

Done Deal DR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You have a 4 door, but some or all of this could work with modifications.

http://www.mcneilracinginc.com/off-road-fiberglass/chevy/blazer/1992-1994-blazer/

92-94-chevy-blazer-to-06-conversion-fenders_0.jpg

92-94-to-06-chevy-blazer-bedsides.jpg

It would take a ton of work to make it look "good". This thing was obviously just thrown together and doesn't even look remotely finished. That said, I really don't think you could make it by hand and have it look any better. I actually like the front end though, pretty cool swap... would look even better with the '07 front end IMO.

These are pretty much the only off the shelf parts I've found like this. Parts like this are a dime a dozen on Toyotas and Rangers, I see them all the time locally here in AZ.

OP
OP
PR1NCEC10UD

PR1NCEC10UD

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This is more along the lines of what I was thinking. I'm also going to be extending the front fenders by approx. 4" and inserting a 6" Light on either side for increased HID power for driving back roads in the mountains. Let me know what you all think or if y'all have suggestions.

Attachments

• DSCN0474.jpg
    DSCN0474.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 145

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IMO its def different and would look cool in a satin black with all the bolts being gloss black or some military colors but thats some serious fab work it looks kinda cool i would lose the transformer thing tho i think all those yellow comaro guys burned that cute fad out but back to the work i like it i say if your torch cutting welding hand is as steady as your drawing hand and got a vouple hundered bucks i say do it id like to see the finished product