Fosscore's 2013 Suburban LTZ Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Love your attention to those little details. :happy107:
Filled those holes nicely and not a bad price either

Thx man. Knocked the seller down $10 so was stoked with that.

nice :waytogo: after some prodding from @NathanJax I did the same thing about a year ago. If not for his I would have never bothered with it probably but is a nice little detail to complete the front end :)

Yessir. It does make a difference and the wife still won't even notice...lol!! :D

kwOH

Banned
Reaction score
Niiiiicccceeeee

Sent from iPhone 7 plus using Tapatalk Pro

jerryjoe28

That Guy
Reaction score
New LED fog lights arrived Amazon Prime, but I wanted to wait until dark to show the difference. Shocking how yellow those OEM headlights are and how white those fog lights are. I know, it needs a retro, just like my 06 Tahoe, so don't beat me up too badly. :rolleyes:

Found these LUYED LED fog lights on Amazon. I bought the same brand for the 06 and they are bright. These are $16 shipped. 900 lumen H16 LEDs. This same brand has a few other options, ranging up to $40, but I didn't see the need to spend more money for more lumens when they won't be used every night.

Here's the link.
https://www.amazon.com/LUYED-Lumens...82107930&sr=8-1&keywords=luyed+h16+fog+lights

View attachment 71192

OEM vs LED fog lights.
View attachment 71193

Full LED fog lights.
View attachment 71194

well I got some of these for Christmas for the crew cab. finally stopped raining yesterday so I went out to put them in..... surprise! the wife ordered the wrong ones. im not even sure how she even did it. I sent her a direct link lol....... owell I had a buddy with a truck that they will fit in so I gave them to him. guess ill order the correct ones myself :(

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Niiiiicccceeeee

Thx man.

well I got some of these for Christmas for the crew cab. finally stopped raining yesterday so I went out to put them in..... surprise! the wife ordered the wrong ones. im not even sure how she even did it. I sent her a direct link lol....... owell I had a buddy with a truck that they will fit in so I gave them to him. guess ill order the correct ones myself :(

:chair: Sometimes the gesture is meant well, however the execution would be better accomplished by one's self. A for Effort though. :thumbsup:

Then get SUBURBAN back on there.

LOL....you are relentless! :rotflmao:I really want to remove the remaining letters, but I just know it will turn into a clusterf**k problem by digging out the double-sided tape around the new paint and then trying to fill it and blend that WDT. I aced the bow ties, but not sure I can make it happen on the body panels without being off. And then I would be ready to.....
:flamingdevil:

So for now that passenger side is staying smooth.

eohat

In Torque We Trust
Reaction score
18000 miles

Put some OEM chrome tow hooks on to fill in those open slots on the front bumper.
I found them brand new on eBay for $50 plus some shipping. These are universal for
07-14 GM SUVs and you will see a few different part numbers such as the following:
Interchange Part Number: 19158571, 19243784, 22858898.

You can see below what comes in the box of parts to compare if you are looking.
The frame is already pre-drilled for installation and mine fit perfectly. The bolts pushed right through with the small bolt threading directly into the hook and the long bolt pushing through the frame and tow hook and secured on the other side of the frame with the nut. I am surprised the LTZ did not come with them at delivery.

Not rocket science to install, but I figured I would put some detail down anyways. It is close quarters under there for tightening the bolts, especially if you have large hands. The drivers side makes it very easy to get both bolts tight with a combination of two 18mm ratchets and/or wrenches. You can reach the secondary nut for the long bolt without too much hassle to the outside of the frame.

The passengers side, however presents an issue as the shorter bolt that threads into the actual tow hook does not have much room to work with. Optimally you need to install the shorter threaded bolt on the passengers side first so that it can be tightened completely first before you install the longer bolt. Otherwise there is no direct access to the short bolt head to give it a good last crank into the tow hook due to the limited space. Had GM drilled it the same as they did with the drivers side, this would not have been an issue.

I'm happy with the install as it completed the front end look by filling in those open holes. Too bad that front lower part of the bumper between the tow hooks is not smooth. We don't require front plates in Florida and that would look better without the plate indentation. Just saying.

There is a little bit of surface rust on the ends of the frame which is inevitable as I live near the ocean. The rest of the underbody and gear under there is still coated in the sticky black factory goop and looks like it just came off the dealership lot. Pretty happy with that fact.

Parts out of the box.
View attachment 71932

Driver's side installed.
View attachment 71934

Passenger's side installed.
View attachment 71935

Sunset shot after installation.
View attachment 71933

Morning shot with more light.
View attachment 71936

The hooks look great, nice job! If this keeps up I may have to get a nnbs. :D

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just now seeing the pic in the above posted the burb in your signature pics. The burb has esky roof racks! When did that happen?! Looks so bitchin! And the color matched on star fin! Looking good man!

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The hooks look great, nice job! If this keeps up I may have to get a nnbs. :D

Do it! My wife loves it now that it is her daily driver. I just get to clean it. Lol

Just now seeing the pic in the above posted the burb in your signature pics. The burb has esky roof racks! When did that happen?! Looks so bitchin! And the color matched on star fin! Looking good man!

Thx sir. Yes just a few little touches to set her apart from every other Suburban around here. The end caps were already color matched as well so that was a big win.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SBRKPRO