Fosscore's 2013 Suburban LTZ Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm in love with your NBS.
I would trade you my Denali for it hands down lol it's perfect

Thx man. I appreciate that. I think you would miss the Denali power right away compared to my 4.8L. Even though she has the "small V8" as someone said, with the BB tune, she can still haul some ass if I romp on it. lol

I wanted to get a Denali to have the bigger motor, but the wife wasn't wrapped on the GMC front end and the Suburban was too good to pass up with known history, excellent condition and low miles. Other than the power for me, we have all the extras she could want. She is loving all the bells and whistles.

Funny thing is that the wife and kids after yesterday's little local road trip said that the Tahoe seats are more comfortable and soft than the Suburban and the work rental K2XX, although they like the heated and cooled seats options. Of course the Tahoe cannot compete with that. The wife even said the ride was good too, which made me happy since the Suburban rides very nice and the Tahoe, well it is lowered on 24s so you feel the road a bit more of course. :p Either way it is a win as they all enjoy riding in both trucks.

Last edited:

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Best seats ever made were in the 99-06 gm trucks. That's compared to all years and all brands like ford and dodge. Although I haven't sat in a 15 or 16 gm yet.
And that's not just my opinion , that's a scientifically proven fact

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IMO I agree 100%. I have all 3 gens sitting in my driveway right now and that is the consensus around here. Of course always subjective to who you are, but that is what my daughter says all the time and that 8 year old will let you know that she is right all the time. lol I sure love the soft feel and how cushy the seats of my NBS are hands down. If they were perf cooled seats, that would be amazing!

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Resonator Deleted.

I cut the resonator off today. Took it off just between the last hanger and the resonator itself. I removed the heat shield (2 x 15mm threaded bolts to the frame without backing nuts) first to give me some extra room to lay on the ground and get the sawzall in there with the spare tire. Looks clean now without that coffee can dangling down. My wife will never miss it.

I'll write the rest of this for those of you wanting to know more info about after the resonator is deleted.

It is clean looking. The exterior sound does not change other than the hollow resonator sound is gone at start up. The Interior sound at start up with the doors open and sitting inside revving with the doors closed remains the same as before. A WOT pass with the windows open or closed is the normal exhaust sound as before.

To me, spending $$ for the SLP Resonator delete pipe and dual polished tip at this point IMO could be better allocated elsewhere. Not sure if I will go with a muffler swap or not as it is the wife's daily driver. I am tempted though as a little growl could be welcomed.

I may consider the popular Magnaflow 12589 or Black Widow.Either way, cutting the resonator off is a win with the clean look, takes less than 1/2 hour, cost $0 and does not alter anything with regards to your OEM setup if you want to stay that way.

IMG_1927.JPG

IMG_1947.JPG

IMG_1944.JPG

IMG_1945.JPG

Last edited:

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Not sure. Will rock the no exhaust look for a while and see what I think. Side looks clean without anything though.

Clamp on some kind of extension so on cold mornings it doesn't look like you have an exhaust leak under there lol
Damn government and their mandatory resonators and baffles. That's nice it can be deleted with no sound difference, and takes off a good chunk of weight too. It is a big ass burb but anything helps

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Plus if you sit idleing for awhile, the fumes might get inside, because of the way it terminates under the truck instead of expelling the exhaust to the side, outwards.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burgy