Fosscore's 2013 Suburban LTZ Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking sharp. Interesting point in taking them on and off. My esky racks are off an nbs and didnt have the cross rails when i bought them. Picked up a set of cross rails in the fall from another member and had them color matched to my truck. I had to dismount the rack off my truck and then disassemble the whole end cap and gaskets assembly from the side rails to be able to slide the cross rails in. It was a bit of a PITA! LOL.
@Bigbeardenali1992

I just removed the rear end caps, loosened the screws, slipped the cross rails on, moved them into place and tightened the screws to lock them in.

Mucho better .
What kind of paint did you use, will it hold up with the board and other things sliding across them ?
I was thinking a gloss black powder coat for mine

I actually had some High Heat Gloss Black Rust Oleum spray paint sitting around, so I used that and some gloss clear coat. I could have sent them out to the powder coaters as I had some stuff for work sent in, but this will work. The amount of times that they will be used probably doesn't warrant the need to powder coat them, but great idea.

They would probably not stand up to repetitive sand abuse from the boards, but my intention would be to use pool noodles cut open to cover the cross rails and pad the board as well, then remove the noodles. @05Single

Last edited:

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Yea I guess it doesn't matter when you're the only one putting things on your truck. You're careful like I am with my things, like the use of noodles and such

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah the way my end caps work, the middle gasket that sits in between the cap and the lower gasket that touches the roof is screwed in from the bottom, and it blocks the end of the track where the cross rail fits in. So I had to disassemble to be able to out my cross rails in. Lol. When i use mine next summer I will be doing Pol noodles around them as well to protect my painted rails. Lol

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Lol yea have to remove caps for rail removal, such a pain.

I think I'm still gonna send mine off to pc. Paint the end caps, wrap the chrome rails and finally install mine on soon.

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah the way my end caps work, the middle gasket that sits in between the cap and the lower gasket that touches the roof is screwed in from the bottom, and it blocks the end of the track where the cross rail fits in. So I had to disassemble to be able to out my cross rails in. Lol. When i use mine next summer I will be doing Pol noodles around them as well to protect my painted rails. Lol

Ok now I understand a bit better. That is a PITA!

Lol yea have to remove caps for rail removal, such a pain.

I think I'm still gonna send mine off to pc. Paint the end caps, wrap the chrome rails and finally install mine on soon.

Soon? Is that AK or LV soon? :rolleyes:

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
I feel like you're making fun of me and that hurts :(

I planned all my painting for this winter but it's just been too hectic. Waiting for it to warm up. Can't clear the garage long enough to paint anything.

I have been slacking big time on the ol hoe. Have so many parts just sitting in storage it's not even funny.:nono:

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I jest only in good fun. :p and I think you know that by now. lol Good fun from afar and learning along the way. NO antagonism from way down south...only with some 80F winter weather fun to the 4 feet of snow that can bring up your hackles in a hurry.
:lol2: Man we have fun, share some great ideas and mods, poke a little fun and work on our trucks like little kids. Takes us away from that daily grind right?

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Yea it's one of the only few positive things on the internet that I can go to with no drama and only 100% fun. Too much negativity out there it's nice to have a forum like this one.
I always have fun online and in life, but some people on other forums/pages intend to troll people for personal satisfaction and worth. I was born in the 80s so I never get offended by shit talkers and I always dish it out, and usually always win, but still doesn't make it right.
That's why I haven't been on fb for almost half a year now and I don't plan on going back, nothing there to benefit my life.
So don't worry I know you're just playing around, I feel like we're Internet bff's:Wedgie:..................:love51:
:slap:..........:drunk:

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
I'm always so quick on my mods. But as a new home owner I've had my hands full. Plus 3 vacations (1 to Philippine islands) a year take over my time off and funds. I know poor me lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRBJU52