Fosscore's 2013 Suburban LTZ Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
That cold air gone to your head once you left the glitzy lights and dry desert air lol
@05Single

:lewx4:
Probably , I was born and raised here yet I feel completely out of my element. And technically Alaska is classified as a dry desert, just a frozen one lol. But still no glitzy lights , unless I'm driving my Tahoe around with all my lights on.

SidewaystheSeven

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice ride! Subscribed!

Might have to order one of those Range device's for the fiance's '09 Tahoe as I'm strictly forbidden to do anything but the simplest of modifications.

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice ride! Subscribed!

Might have to order one of those Range device's for the fiance's '09 Tahoe as I'm strictly forbidden to do anything but the simplest of modifications.

Thx man. I am still happy with the Range. Wife likes the blue LED that shines down on her feet, but has no idea why it is there or what it is for. lol V8 mode all the time. Not good for the MPGs around town, but keeping that long body out of V4 mode around town, I am happy with. I may eventually tune it out, but in the interim it is a good moderate cost solution. Unplug it if you want don't want to run V8 all the time. Pretty easy.

Strictly forbidden mods..lol yeah I tried that and still manage to do a few things that she hasn't noticed. All the mods in this thread thus far have been done under the radar. I have a few more things I hope to get to.... :waytogo: @SidewaystheSeven

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
... Not good for the MPGs around town, but keeping that long body out of V4 mode around town, I am happy with.....
Have you driven it for any time with AFM enabled and then checked MPGs? That AFM system is pretty worthless in the NNBS. When I disabled AFM my MPG stayed exactly the same as it was before but just drove better LOL

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good points.

To be honest no I did not drive it long enough to even take any comparative numbers. I just knew it to be an existing problem (your low oil pressure thread and others asking/bemoaning it) and that was the easiest and most effective option right now. And with only 18500 miles on the engine, why not take an early preventative measure. The around town MPGs just suck no matter how you slice it and the wife drives way more conservatively than me.

I would eventually like to get an AutoCal and have Black Bear tune it out along with changing the other parameters similar to my 06 Tahoe. That long body needs a little low end and mid range love.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good points.

To be honest no I did not drive it long enough to even take any comparative numbers. I just knew it to be an existing problem (your low oil pressure thread and others asking/bemoaning it) and that was the easiest and most effective option right now. And with only 18500 miles on the engine, why not take an early preventative measure. The around town MPGs just suck no matter how you slice it and the wife drives way more conservatively than me.

I would eventually like to get an AutoCal and have Black Bear tune it out along with changing the other parameters similar to my 06 Tahoe. That long body needs a little low end and mid range love.
100% agree :) Just wondering if you had driven around much with AFM engaged based on the point you made ensinuating you were getting worse MPG right now because it was disabled. I was only saying you were probably getting the exact same MPG (or maybe even better) than you would with AFM enabled. I was not knocking your use of The Range device. Definitely better than not having anything :)

jerryjoe28

That Guy
Reaction score
100% agree :) Just wondering if you had driven around much with AFM engaged based on the point you made ensinuating you were getting worse MPG right now because it was disabled. I was only saying you were probably getting the exact same MPG (or maybe even better) than you would with AFM enabled. I was not knocking your use of The Range device. Definitely better than not having anything :)

guy I work with has the range as well. says his mpg is exactly the same

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Totally understand and agree and thanks for making that point. My initial MPG claim at this point, based on the limited comparative results would not yield a good reflective example for someone who wanted hard and fast data. It would be usual for me to prepare and report that type of data herein for other members to make their own decision, however at the time it was immaterial to me as I knew I was effectively tuning it out with the Range and maybe later with Black Bear.

I can speak about the V8/V4 mode. I did not like the stutter or the downshifting and for certain that is not present at any RPMs, from a dead stop or stomping on it to WOT with the Range device plugged into the OBD II port. :)

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As you pointed out....shutting off AFM is always a good thing due to the previously mentioned issues most experience with the AFM components :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRBJU52

Latest posts