Gas mileage.... Is this normal?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gixxersixxer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Highway Gas mileage.... Is this normal?

Hello all. I was wondering if there is a way to improve my hwy mileage? My city I feel is on par with 12.5-13.5. However my hwy miles on the other is horrible. Last time I checked my hwy miles during a trip I was getting I believe 14.3 or 14.5 mpg... I didnt buy the vehicle for gas mileage but this no where near the advertised mpg on the vehicle. It's an 05 Yukon Denali. I dont tow anything and I'm pretty easy on the throttle all the time. I just bought it 2 1/2 months ago. All I have done to it maintenance wise are new fluids in the front diff, rear diff, transfer case, and tranny (fluid and filter exchange). Is there any way to improve the gas economy? Any maintenance items I should try that might help? I tried to locate the fuel filter and I cannot find it! Thanks.

Last edited:

ATL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thats about right for mpg, im showing about the same with my 03 denali. best thing you can do for you mpg is install 05+ electric fans and a black bear tune. you could try 5w20 oil, check tire pressure, maybe a tune up...???

ATL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i dont think so, i may be wrong, but i dont think the suv fans went electric til the nnbs

OP
OP
G

gixxersixxer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
^^^This is what I thought. If I am correct they were in 04+ correct... Can anyone tell me where I can find my fuel filter. I have traced the lines under the car and I have yet to find it. I am going to replace that, that might be one more thing that has not been replaced that needs to be.

Sasquatch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^^This is what I thought. If I am correct they were in 04+ correct... Can anyone tell me where I can find my fuel filter. I have traced the lines under the car and I have yet to find it. I am going to replace that, that might be one more thing that has not been replaced that needs to be.

I have an 05 yukon and the fuel filter is located in the gas tank, It`s good for the life of the fuel pump. I`m not sure when they started putting them in the tank but i think it was in 04-05.

robstor

Reaction score
The best thing you can change to get better mpgs is putting a under drive pulley setup. it reduces drag and will give more power n better mpgs.