Going higher on my tahoe any headups on 11 inches of lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ejr1990

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 04 tahoe z71 got 6 inch rough coutry non torison bar drop on 35 toyos does anyone have 3 inch body on 37 or 38s and does it have a lot of body role? Need some head ups on this an would appreciate any details on gearing and few mods to give me a little more hp

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
moved to the 00-06 section...

:welcome:

:Handshake:

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
Some guys on here have a 6" lift and spacers plus a body lift, but most Ive seen have been 2wd that are real high. I would say yes they would have excessive body roll since factory height its bad enough. You can always but better swaybars and mount them to the RC brackets.

BLK TAHOE

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm wondering the same things. Have an 02 Tahoe with 6'' ProComp lift on 35's and was thinking about adding a 3'' body, 37's and gears when these tires are done (but they are brand new so it won't be for a while).

I pretty much have all the same questions as the main poster. Does adding +3 & 37's make a big difference in ride quality or handling? And looks-wise, what about the frame and suspension sitting down below the body..?

Last edited:

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
as far as ride quality with a body lift , no . because the suspension itself is not changed however with bigger tires handling is affected , turning radius lengethnd , stopping becomes harder ect... and increase body roll, some of this as stated can be corrected with better braking systems roll bars ect. some say bodylifts are ugly because you see more frame some dont care however its your vehicle, me personally as long as you already have a 6 inch lift it doesnt look bad IMO,
Btw Tim nice ass truck :Handshake:

imi4tth3w

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i've got 6+3 on my truck on 36's. i still rub from time to time.

body roll is expected.

not sure what your really trying to get from that question? are you trying to take your tahoe to the rally track?

i wouldn't do any bigger than 37's with 6+3. all depends on your wheel offset though.

SPLmonster13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it all depends on how you do the body lift. There's a nbs at my work that's 6+3 on 37s and it is badass. Im one of those that likes body lifts if you do it right. My obs is bodied and blocked on 35s. I will be going 6+3 on 37s in the future.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LilithMoon