Growing up doesn't have to suck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm actually looking at their offerings in another tab. If I can get genuine OEM rockers, I'd be fine with that. I'm running Z06 springs and only going to 6K. My cam has only a little more intake duration, same exhaust duration but .005" less lift than the Z06 cam. OEM rockers should be perfectly fine.
My Camaro has a big cam and shift it around 6800. It has stock rockers...
Can't hide money. That S10 puts you on blast.
Drove the s10 today actually:)

OP
OP
iamdub

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Camaro has a big cam and shift it around 6800. It has stock rockers...

Drove the s10 today actually:)

It'll likely come down to cost. If I can get an upgrade kit (an actual honest upgrade) for considerably less than new OEM rockers, I'd do that and replace the Comp kit in the spare rockers. OEMs are the default, but I'll read up on the latest kits.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It'll likely come down to cost. If I can get an upgrade kit (an actual honest upgrade) for considerably less than new OEM rockers, I'd do that and replace the Comp kit in the spare rockers. OEMs are the default, but I'll read up on the latest kits.
Keep us up to date as you learn!

Couldn't order a cake from Randazzo, they were sold out for the year already. Ordered one from KingCake.com for overnight delivery on Wednesday with all the little Mardi Gras doo dads.

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would've bought oem rockers for the avalanche when I did it but I couldn't find anything other than Chinese ones

I think my trunnion upgrade was maybe $200? I can't remember exactly

OP
OP
iamdub

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Keep us up to date as you learn!

You know I will!

Couldn't order a cake from Randazzo, they were sold out for the year already. Ordered one from KingCake.com for overnight delivery on Wednesday with all the little Mardi Gras doo dads.

I'm glad y'all can join the festivities! The Randazzo bakeries have lines out of the buildings and down the sidewalks every year. They've never "sold out". They've been sold out of certain popular flavors/fillings, but it's only temporary. I guess, like everyone else, they're operating in these tough conditions with limited resources.

Speaking of festivities, you do know what one has to do to get beads thrown their way, right? :p

OP
OP
iamdub

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...couldn't find anything other than Chinese ones

I think my trunnion upgrade was maybe $200? I can't remember exactly

Lower quality parts is my concern with OEM style rockers as well as any upgrade style bearings/bushings/trunnions. I will only accept confirmed genuine OEM ones from a reputable source or I'm getting whatever is the best upgrade kit for my known stock rockers. Last I researched them, the bushed style was supposedly the bee's nuts. It was a few years ago and even those still seemed to be in a beta stage. Haven't looked into anything since.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jchavez95

Latest posts