Growing up doesn't have to suck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If you want some Mardi Gras doo dads, you know what you gotta do: :boobs:

I'm pretty sure nobody wants that from me.... While riding the ski lifts here we see the beads hanging from the trees along side the lifts. The riders toss them as their chairs go by. Too cold for any sane skier to bare a brrrreast or two.

Last edited:

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lower quality parts is my concern with OEM style rockers as well as any upgrade style bearings/bushings/trunnions. I will only accept confirmed genuine OEM ones from a reputable source or I'm getting whatever is the best upgrade kit for my known stock rockers. Last I researched them, the bushed style was supposedly the bee's nuts. It was a few years ago and even those still seemed to be in a beta stage. Haven't looked into anything since.

This what I got. They are cheaper than I thought!

OP
OP
iamdub

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score

This what I got. They are cheaper than I thought!

Nice! I'll have to research 'em to make sure they're not just re-boxed Comps or, if they are, that the hardness thing has been corrected. Amazon has what they list as Genuine GM rockers ($15.59 each), but the country of origin is China. If the original parts are from China, then the off-brands might come from the same sweat shop and be the same product for half the price.

*sigh*
It's never cut-and-dry.

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice! I'll have to research 'em to make sure they're not just re-boxed Comps or, if they are, that the hardness thing has been corrected. Amazon has what they list as Genuine GM rockers ($15.59 each), but the country of origin is China. If the original parts are from China, then the off-brands might come from the same sweat shop and be the same product for half the price.

*sigh*
It's never cut-and-dry.
My brother recommended them so that's what I went with. I did zero research so post your findings. So far, I've not had any issues with these. He's ran them on builds over the years but who knows how they actually held up over time

OP
OP
iamdub

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My brother recommended them so that's what I went with. I did zero research so post your findings. So far, I've not had any issues with these. He's ran them on builds over the years but who knows how they actually held up over time

As per usual, I'll likely write a long-winded snoozefest full of confusion, indecisiveness and my ultimate course of action chosen out of defeat and/or a dose of Fukital.

OP
OP
iamdub

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score

So far, I've narrowed it down to the RPMSpeed Cathedral Port MAX EFFORT Rocker Arms w/NOFLEX Bolt kit.

My reasoning in a nutśack:

1) The factory bearing design has been very well proven

2) I'm not a fan of the bronze bushings due to the softer metal and need for retaining clips

3) I don't like those known as the "upgraded factory-style"- the needle bearing designs that use the trunnion as the inner race, retained by circlips

4) I don't want anything retained by circlips as they're extra parts with the potential to fail

5) The MAX EFFORT kit uses fully captured, caged roller bearings with inner and outer races, INA brand made in U.S.A., pressed into place with no need for extra hardware to retain them and are virtually impossible to come apart

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So far, I've narrowed it down to the RPMSpeed Cathedral Port MAX EFFORT Rocker Arms w/NOFLEX Bolt kit.

My reasoning in a nutśack:

1) The factory bearing design has been very well proven

2) I'm not a fan of the bronze bushings due to the softer metal and need for retaining clips

3) I don't like those known as the "upgraded factory-style"- the needle bearing designs that use the trunnion as the inner race, retained by circlips

4) I don't want anything retained by circlips as they're extra parts with the potential to fail

5) The MAX EFFORT kit uses fully captured, caged roller bearings with inner and outer races, INA brand made in U.S.A., pressed into place with no need for extra hardware to retain them and are virtually impossible to come apart
Very nice!

Let me know how the ordering goes from there. They were cheaper on some things for my camaro but wasn't confident enough to buy from them. I'm STILL dealing with that ******** from "Elite Race Fab" sending me a strut tower brace instead of a pan hard bar, then stopped responding to emails/calls.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jchavez95

Latest posts