Growing up doesn't have to suck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
OP
OP
iamdub

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What does an idiot southerner do with brand new, overpriced pieces of bent and powdercoated round stock? He hangs 'em like a 1700s Louisiana plantation owner and beats 'em with a pair of Channellocks to play the hook from "Carol Of The Bells" since he's a festive kind of ásshole, chipping the powdercoating all to hell.
So he now has some extra sanding to do. That labor far overshadowed the fun of the aforementioned ding-donging.

Scuffed with 220 grit:

ILQY1336.JPG

There, I fixed it:

IMG_3795.JPG

I'll compare and document the weights of these versus the stock ones when I swap them. I also ordered new end link and bushing kits for the front. The current ones are only ~30K miles old and look to be just fine. But, they're only $12 for a pair, so why not have everything fresh?

Last edited:
OP
OP
iamdub

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting how they mix the date formats, if that's what I'm seeing.

I didn't catch that! Wasn't really paying attention, though. Honestly, I was focused more on the part/ID numbers to see if I could trace them to a factory. Perhaps the same factory another (*ahem* Hellwig) has their stuff made?

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
You’re asking a lot my man. Asking a lot.

My middle name is consistency...

I deal with an arm of the Feds (think communications) on a daily basis, and the online tools they make us use require full numerics in dates. Forget that, depending on the app -- within the same Bureau, mind you -- the formats are different for nearly every one. YYYY/DD/MM MM/DD/YYYY etc. And, like at Caterpillar, all specs are in metric. Your tower is xx.x meters Above Ground Level.

Convert to SAE for your own purposes or to deal with the FAA. Your tower is ˣˣˣ feet Above Ground Level. Your tower is xx Statute Miles from an FAA facility.

Would be nice if they spoke the same language.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My middle name is consistency...

I deal with an arm of the Feds (think communications) on a daily basis, and the online tools they make us use require full numerics in dates. Forget that, depending on the app -- within the same Bureau, mind you -- the formats are different for nearly every one. YYYY/DD/MM MM/DD/YYYY etc. And, like at Caterpillar, all specs are in metric. Your tower is xx.x meters Above Ground Level.

Convert to SAE for your own purposes or to deal with the FAA. Your tower is *** feet Above Ground Level. Your tower is xx Statute Miles from an FAA facility.

Would be nice if they spoke the same language.
I understand completely.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pbruton89

Latest posts