Growing up doesn't have to suck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Interesting. I never knew there was an established ratio. I thought you were being facetious about my specific goals and methods, so I was playing along.

By that, I'm now a little proud to say that I am under that ratio. But the 285/45-22 has (IMO) a tall sidewall. ...Yeah, I can't give myself any credit- always focusing on what needs to be rather than what is. I swear it's lifting itself and getting higher every time I look at it.

I'll be backing it outta the shop sometime this weekend to perform a 5K service on Jenn's car. If I remember, I'll snap a current pic.

I was kinda joking about the whole ratio part, but I have heard the aesthetic rule of thumb is that the gender gap should not exceed the sidewall height. Awaiting pics. Maybe those springs are rebounding as we speak!

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was kinda joking about the whole ratio part, but I have heard the aesthetic rule of thumb is that the gender gap should not exceed the sidewall height. Awaiting pics. Maybe those springs are rebounding as we speak!

The Golden Ratio! 1.681:1 We find this in nature, a woman, a nautilus, the features of our faces, Greek architecture, ovens, room sizing in old times, and our cars, everywhere!

OP
OP
iamdub

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Ah. Well, I've got that aesthetic rule beyond nailed. But it's still not enough.

And, yes, the longer I leave it alone, the more it grows. Sometime over the next week or two, the shocks will be fully extended.

OP
OP
iamdub

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Yeaaaah... Too much fender gap. Needs to come down 1/2" in the front and 3/4" in the back. I messed around with editing features on my phone to try to lessen the shadows around the fenders and kinda went too far playing with it. Oh well:

IMG_E0631.JPG

OP
OP
iamdub

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went to the track last night for some baselines. I worked late and they had Trophy T/T and Grudge Races going on, but I was still able to get 6 passes in. Run #5 was the best of those:

IMG_0705.JPG

I did the first two with tow/haul on, third with it off, and the rest with it on and Traction Control and Stabilitrak off. The last two were as slow as the first two (15.7-15.8), but I'm sure that's due to back-to-back runs with no cool-down time since the lanes were wide open then.

Also hit this milestone, which means it's officially time to rip out the 5.3:

IMG_0700.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnaolo