Heated washer fluid .... Update!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Punisher66

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought one. It is an EXACT replacement for the one currently in the car. Literally plug and play ..... took me 5 minutes to install. Comes with easy clear instructions and new hoses clamps (if you wish to change your out). Works perfectly using stock button!!

Sorry guess I should have been a bit more specific, I don't have the stock feature so I would hooking it up totally aftermarket. Is there anyone who installed the kit for thier truck that did not have the stock part? Thanks.

TREYR8D

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Got mine ordered today and passed the word on to my Bro-in-law for his '08 Sierra

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
Sorry guess I should have been a bit more specific, I don't have the stock feature so I would hooking it up totally aftermarket. Is there anyone who installed the kit for thier truck that did not have the stock part? Thanks.

i dont have one either. For us guys that dont have the factory setup. We mount on firewall, run the tube from the washer bottle to the Unit, then from the unit to the nozzles. All we have to do is connect it to the battery. It has a 60 amp inline fuse. We dont need a switch for the alpha 38 On Demand. It only turns on when the car is running and producing more that 13v.

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Funny this thread got pulled up, I was looking for it.

I just installed my replacement from Alphatherm tonight and it isn't heating anything. All the connections are made properly and the fuse was never removed, but the unit doesn't seem to heat the fluid whatsoever.

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
Ive been looking into this system for some time now. Cant find a bad review about this unit or it ever shorting out causing any problems. So what the heck i bought it.

davidwilsoon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
can it be used on 01-06 models ?

I've heard Alphatherm makes an aftermarket unit that can be used on any vehicle, you'd just need to wire the switch.

This model requires the OEM 2007+ wiring harness for the windshield fluid heater module.

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
The aftermarket unit does not require a switch. It is always on, so your fluid is constantly heated. You would use the normal windshield fluid button.

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
there is 2 different units
at 37 gm, made for those who had the recall done and unit removed. Its a direct pulg and play that still works off the factory heated system, minus the 60 amp fuse becuase thats pulled at the dealer
the at38 od will work for any car as it hooked into the battery and tied inline to your washer Line. Its always on, but only if the car is running, 13v is needed to turn it on.

Punisher66

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone bought and installed the aftermarket part? Not the factory replacement, but the one that you have to install directly to the washer lines? I bought and it and would love to see how others have hooked it up. Just can't find a good place for it. Thanks.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The aftermarket unit does not require a switch. It is always on, so your fluid is constantly heated. You would use the normal windshield fluid button.

Do you have this in your car zach? If so, how easy was the install and did you do it yourself?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
resmith3