HIDGuy issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
I

ILSMKU

Reaction score
Ill see If Admin clears this if so I can change it get back to you shortly .

The LED interior kit I bought from Hidguys never worked right. I can only manually turn then on using the dial. If anyone presses the dome light buttons, they just dull glow. In addition to that, none of my visor lights work anymore. EVEN after removing these LED bulbs.

Funny how Im not the only one who experienced this after all. If anyone is looking for a kit THAT works I highly suggest superbrightleds

They actually sell bulbs with "CANBUS". Canbus add load resistors which is what our trucks need for them to work properly. Without canbus, you will run into these funky issues of lights not working properly.

My vanity lights still dont work even after replacing everyhing back to stock and or using the new canbus LED bulbs.

Be warned people. Cheap bulbs cause issues and if you read this whole thread you will see what kind of people Hidguys are.

Sgelby Guy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
More links to unhappy HIDGUY customers.
http://www.fordgt500.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8621&highlight=hidguy&page=4
http://www.fordgt500.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17964&highlight=hidguy
http://www.fordgt500.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4730&highlight=hidguy
seems some here think it is wrong to post a complainant. If one tries to work out the problem and is unsuccessful because of the vender, then ware should they turn to get help or inform others of a vender that does not stand behind his word?
I see some of you are happy with the product you have gotten from HIDGUY, that is great and I am happy for you but let there be a little problem that needs support and it seem most are left out in left field.
i am the first to admit I screwed up in buying from him the second and third time because I took him at his word.
ILSMKU you did right by stopping payment for faulty service which is part of what you paid for.

Dante@HIDGuy

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
More links to unhappy HIDGUY customers.
http://www.fordgt500.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8621&highlight=hidguy&page=4
http://www.fordgt500.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17964&highlight=hidguy
http://www.fordgt500.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4730&highlight=hidguy
seems some here think it is wrong to post a complainant. If one tries to work out the problem and is unsuccessful because of the vender, then ware should they turn to get help or inform others of a vender that does not stand behind his word?
I see some of you are happy with the product you have gotten from HIDGUY, that is great and I am happy for you but let there be a little problem that needs support and it seem most are left out in left field.
i am the first to admit I screwed up in buying from him the second and third time because I took him at his word.
ILSMKU you did right by stopping payment for faulty service which is part of what you paid for.

So wait...do you even know what happened with the GT500 guys right? I think before you start posting links you should really dig down and read what really happen with that customer or customers.

I mean i am not even coming from a business aspect as yes i represent HIDGuy but being a forum guy on other forums personally it looks like your trolling with your 3 post...and thats me talking from a personal stand point not representing HIDGuy. Just being realistic.

So with the GT500 forum, that guy ordered a long time ago. When i say a long time ago i mean a long time ago. He got 35 watt kits in which we know now melts housing etc etc. That customer was giving a solution on how to fix it but felt he deserved free parts. There was other things that contributed to his stuff melting not just the kit. Keep in mind you can install these kits wrong and melt your housings no matter what wattage. (had a customer that installed a kit by a shop and they installed the kit - melted his housing. Came to us installed them right and no melting issues at all. PROBLEM SOLVED)

and keep in mind i am not saying that all the time its the customers fault but also be realistic and understand its not always the product that is at fault - you install the product you run the risk of installing improperly no matter how much experience you think you have. Again i am not saying anyone here is installing anything wrong or what not. So enough about that GT500 issue.

Lastly i am not sure because i need to read through the issue at hand. But i can look into it and try to help. But thats all i can do is help, if no one is willing to take a hand that is reaching out....well then i am sorry nothing more that i can do on my end. So i am here, i am open to help. Just need to take that step and let me help you guys.

Trolling isnt going to help any situation. Plain simple, we are all adults here.

CHOO CHOO

BackPagePhil
Reaction score
What was the point of that post sgelby guy? Dante always tries to help the best he can, i have never bought from him and i know this. If you have a problem, shoot them a pm. Dont put them on blast on the open discussion. This is a good, clean forum and it should stay that way.

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What was the point of that post sgelby guy? Dante always tries to help the best he can, i have never bought from him and i know this. If you have a problem, shoot them a pm. Dont put them on blast on the open discussion. This is a good, clean forum and it should stay that way.

I understand the points of both parties and being that forums are commonly used as a wealth of information to help people ,I see no harm in spreading information across boards , Just so as long as its not promoting another forum , However I am watching this thread and Needless Bashing and Attitudes Will be dealt with accordingly . This is everyones Warning please take it as such . as Dante stated we are all adults .

OP
OP
I

ILSMKU

Reaction score
It amazes me these guys are still in business. All they do is make excuses as to why things went wrong and it seems 9/10 times they are pointing the finger at the customer.

Bottom line is, they lied to me. I asked them prior to ordering if I would have ANY issues using these bulbs and they said no. So when I got them and they did not work as advertised to me, they disappeared and made it sound like I needed to try harder to get a hold of them after leaving countless messages.
And that the guy I was working with had personal issues to deal with? Screw his issues! That's not my problem.

Buyer beware. I mean if you're reading this thread then you can clearly see they have an arrogant attitude which to me speaks volumes about the character of this so called company.

This thread delivers.

brudgers90

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
wow over priced leds and hid kits you can order hids with in line relays plug and play all day on ebay for 30 dollars i had mine in my hoe for 2 years no problems also get cree reverse lights and interior lights very cheap.

dont be scared to buy a cheap hid kit lol there basically all the same

Sgelby Guy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So wait...do you even know what happened with the GT500 guys right? I think before you start posting links you should really dig down and read what really happen with that customer or customers.

I mean i am not even coming from a business aspect as yes i represent HIDGuy but being a forum guy on other forums personally it looks like your trolling with your 3 post...and thats me talking from a personal stand point not representing HIDGuy. Just being realistic.

So with the GT500 forum, that guy ordered a long time ago. When i say a long time ago i mean a long time ago. He got 35 watt kits in which we know now melts housing etc etc. That customer was giving a solution on how to fix it but felt he deserved free parts. There was other things that contributed to his stuff melting not just the kit. Keep in mind you can install these kits wrong and melt your housings no matter what wattage. (had a customer that installed a kit by a shop and they installed the kit - melted his housing. Came to us installed them right and no melting issues at all. PROBLEM SOLVED)

and keep in mind i am not saying that all the time its the customers fault but also be realistic and understand its not always the product that is at fault - you install the product you run the risk of installing improperly no matter how much experience you think you have. Again i am not saying anyone here is installing anything wrong or what not. So enough about that GT500 issue.

Lastly i am not sure because i need to read through the issue at hand. But i can look into it and try to help. But thats all i can do is help, if no one is willing to take a hand that is reaching out....well then i am sorry nothing more that i can do on my end. So i am here, i am open to help. Just need to take that step and let me help you guys.

Trolling isnt going to help any situation. Plain simple, we are all adults here.

Yes I know what happened with the GT500 guys You never stood behind your product there, Your solution was for him to buy a 3rd set from you with no grantee they would not destroy his lens. and you still would not replace the lens your product destroyed. All he asked for was for you to replace the damaged parts your produce destroyed twice and you refused. The reason it has been so long ago was the ball has been in your court and you have decided not to play hoping he would just go away. Your new produce may be great and wounderfull but from what I read your support sucks.

---------- Post added at 10:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 AM ----------

I did shoot him many PM's called him several times, with no results.
These forums are great for spreading a good word about a product or compiny that is helpfull so it should also be alowed to let buyer beware messages so you the reaqder can make a good desition when dealing with them.
I did not start this thread but I do support the OP.
You stated you have not delt with HIDGuy personaly. I have and unless I see his support improve I will never do it again and suggest no one else does eather.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ne44035