Hurts Taking One Like This

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
YukonRog

YukonRog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see no fault/cracks there at all. I am still going with my first WAG, inside that TC.
Yeah since that's where it's the noisiest that's what I'm doing. Ordering parts today or tomorrow. Hey, all else fails I'll have a rebuilt TC right? And experience!

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Start at the flexplate and replace everything, including the flexplate, from there back and problem is solved. Solved except for which bank to rob to pay for it, in town or out of town? Be more creative with a mask than the Covid mask you may have.

OP
OP
YukonRog

YukonRog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Start at the flexplate and replace everything, including the flexplate, from there back and problem is solved. Solved except for which bank to rob to pay for it, in town or out of town? Be more creative with a mask than the Covid mask you may have.
Actually thought of the bank. At worst if I got caught then I wouldn't have to work on it anymore. Three hots and cot...

OP
OP
YukonRog

YukonRog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So progress,20210822_131152.jpg20210822_182257.jpg and a wall. Got her in the garage. "Two V Twins and Yukon gone wrong." Making my own songs now. So the friggin drain plug is buggered. I know, I did it. Didn't think I put it on that tight. But, can't get it off! Any ideas? I tried big vice grips and even a pipe wrench. If I pull it full won't it puke out the front? Should I drill it and take a shower?

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
So progress,View attachment 348396View attachment 348397 and a wall. Got her in the garage. "Two V Twins and Yukon gone wrong." Making my own songs now. So the friggin drain plug is buggered. I know, I did it. Didn't think I put it on that tight. But, can't get it off! Any ideas? I tried big vice grips and even a pipe wrench. If I pull it full won't it puke out the front? Should I drill it and take a shower?
Get a good bite on it with a vice grips and then add some heat with your propane torch. Add the heat to the case on the side of the threads. It will soak away fast.

OP
OP
YukonRog

YukonRog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get a good bite on it with a vice grips and then add some heat with your propane torch. Add the heat to the case on the side of the threads. It will soak away fast.
I was a little concerned about using a torch under there. Might give that a try. I was also thinking about taking a 6 sided socket a size smaller and hammering it on.

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I was a little concerned about using a torch under there. Might give that a try. I was also thinking about taking a 6 sided socket a size smaller and hammering it on.
The back half of that case is magnesium. But s little heat wont hurt. If I recall thats 17mm so you would use a 21/32” according to this chart. 16mm and 5/8” may be too small. Are you replacing the case half too?

OP
OP
YukonRog

YukonRog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The back half of that case is magnesium. But s little heat wont hurt. If I recall thats 17mm so you would use a 21/32” according to this chart. 16mm and 5/8” may be too small. Are you replacing the case half too?
It's 18mm. I've tried everything but heat and there's now not much left of the nut. I'm replacing the half case so I think I'll just try to lower it. What's a few more lbs right? How much tranny fluid can I expect from front? I loosened the nuts and it started dripping.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbow555