I love Autozone!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Splatmaster527

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I recently replaced my front wheel hubs with new parts from Autozone...

Then more recently, right after I put on my new wheels and tires I had a terrible rattle up front after about 3 miles of driving and it only got worse as I headed home...
Turns out I might have forgotten to torque the lugs on my wheel adapter tight enough :Stupid Me: and the wheel hub failed and basically three of 6 lugs broke off and it was barely hangin on by the other three.

Anyway long story short I had a messed up hub, rotor, and $80 wheel adapter. I went into autozone and got a new Hub and Both front rotors (replace in pairs :) ) replaced free of charge. Pretty standard Warranty stuff right...

Then I emailed Autozone asking about the wheel hub failing and screwing up my adapter, I get a call the next day (today) from the manager saying come on in with the receipt for the adapter and Ill give you cash replacement value!!!!!

Now thats pretty sweet customer service!! Thats what makes me a loyal Autozone customer!

Physh1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, not to be an ass here but YOU caused the failure of multiple parts by not tightening things up right, got replacement parts for free, than go, hmmm, I wonder if they'll replace the other parts I goofed up too?

Ugh...

Did you tell them that you were likely at fault for all the failures?

M3PO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
YOU caused the failure of multiple parts by not tightening things up right, got replacement parts for free, than go, hmmm, I wonder if they'll replace the other parts I goofed up too?

That is the way I read it too, hopefully that is not the case though.

Hammer450R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You wonder why prices are always climbing up at stores lol

yukon2004

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In all seriousness though, AutoZone sometimes does have good customer service. I was also impressed by a lady that works at the one closest to my house. She was very knowledgeable and friendly.

plush

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, not to be an ass here but YOU caused the failure of multiple parts by not tightening things up right, got replacement parts for free, than go, hmmm, I wonder if they'll replace the other parts I goofed up too?

Ugh...

Did you tell them that you were likely at fault for all the failures?

I thought the same thing and then looked at his age. Yep, it is somebody else's fault. Sounds like an attorney in the making. :)

sparg93

Expedition Tahoe
Reaction score
Autozone has HUGE discounts too...i've gotten as small as 15% and as high as 50%...watch the sales and search for coupons code. I've used them for all my replacements part this summer...amazing deals!!

OP
OP
S

Splatmaster527

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Although the fact that the lugs wernt torqued quite as tight as they should have been might have played a roll in the failure the other side was done the same way and it was totally fine...
The studs literally broke out of the hub it shouldnt have broken in a five minute drive

I was just pointing out how they went above and beyond to make a satisfied customer.

Earl33 I originally replaced the hubs because one failed and they were both ready to go.

Physh1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I betcha this won't be the only broken studs...this is one reason why adapters are such a bad idea.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BigBoyZ71