K&N Air Filter vs. Intake

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mattjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been messing around a little lately looking at K&N CAIs for my '08 Tahoe, but I already have one of these K&N filters in the stock intake. Anyone have any idea if I would see any noticeable performance increases by going from a K&N filter to the full K&N CAI? I'd want to get a boost in hp and mpg if I shell out the money for it. Any differences in sound as well?

Also, I already have an exhaust. The Tahoe had it when I bought it so I'm not sure what brand it is, but I think it's a Borla.

ccapehartusarmyINF.(ret)

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you will see absolutily no performance increase by slapping on a CAI there go with other mods exhaust etc CAI with a factory tuned PCM injectors etc are pretty much useless
you lean out your mix to much

Ranchero64

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Get the airaide modular intake. It's just the tube, so you don't have to buy they whole thing over. There is an article out there that recommends that setup too. I did it step at a time and I'm happy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gatorlac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you will see absolutily no performance increase by slapping on a CAI there go with other mods exhaust etc CAI with a factory tuned PCM injectors etc are pretty much useless
you lean out your mix to much

BB did an independent test and it didn't llok like "absolutely no increase"

I'll be getting an airaid soon MIT soon with a WIX paper filter

tazjamin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i just paid $140 for a k&N filter but no name intake tube and it looks nice and works well it was actually a good design and i even got the tube in black. i was real happy about it, it had the filter i liked and it installed just like my air raid on my 04 silverado

Attachments

• 290710318349_3.jpg
    290710318349_3.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 74
OP
OP
mattjones

mattjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright, so it sounds like the general consensus is to keep the K&N filter and just install an Airaid MIT?

tazjamin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it looks better and gets rid of all that unnecessary plastic on the intake if you put a tube on

nick2440

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The problem with K&N and other CAI Kits is that every vehicle responds differently to them. The sound will be a little louder from the engine with the tube because the stock intake is designed to make the engine quiet.

As far as "feeling" a difference i dont think you will. It might give you 5 extra HP but you wont be able to tell

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pjoe1320