Leak in rear axle??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CHOO CHOO

BackPagePhil
Reaction score
So I noticed a few dark spots on the ground where I was parked when I got home and they seemed fresh. I looked under the tahoe and found this:
nvpTL.jpg
How bad is this? I know it has something to do with gears right? I could actually watch it slowly drip, about a drop per minute.

OP
OP
CHOO CHOO

CHOO CHOO

BackPagePhil
Reaction score
Ok so dropped it off at the mechanic and he fixed it no charge. He said that it must have been because of the temp change or maybe the sealant was thin at the bottom. Cleaned, resealed, and replaced oil so i should be good to go.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

gbert06

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
easy fix

diff cover gasket is bad. possibly someone used a jack to raise it and damaged the gasket, possibly even the cover. 30 mins fix on gasket change. 10 dollar gasket at advance. you have a nice mechanic!

OP
OP
CHOO CHOO

CHOO CHOO

BackPagePhil
Reaction score
yeah, he's pretty cool about stuff. Doesn't mind doing quick fixes for free, of course I gotta tip him, don't wanna be an ass. Plus I always recommend him and have gotten a friend or two to switch to him so he's happy.

edgaranah1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice I wish I had a mechanic like that for the stuff I don't wanna get involved with.
We'll see if it holds up then.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968