Leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

plush

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since I have had my Yukon for a little over 3 months, it has only rained 3 times. So, not much driving in the rain. I got back from my BB tune on Sunday and drove in rain for 2 hours coming and going. I am finding water under my driver's side door and mat. All the stripping looks good, any idea where it might be coming from?

Brock

Reaction score
Exact same on my truck & have not figured it out yet. Maybe AC?

bsannich

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i'm in the same boat. i don't really want to bring it to the dealer because i don't trust them. i can just see it now - some flunkie tearing the interior of my $50k truck apart...makes me nervous.

brian

chauncey0337

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do all of you guys have a sunroof? Not sure about the nnbs but on the nbs, some have a similar problem from clogged weep hoses for sunroof drains.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
It could be caused by water build up in the door due to the door drain hole being clogged. Could also be a loose bushing that is under the drivers side carpet that runs wires in the truck but I doubt it.
Is the wetness closer to the door or in the center of the drivers carpet?

bsannich

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Is the wetness closer to the door or in the center of the drivers carpet?

i haven't been able to tell one way or another. it's the whole area under the floor mat that is wet - where it is originating, i can't tell.

in the many times i have checked it, there is no water on the firewall or any other place where it would obviously be coming from (and ending up in the footwell by gravity), but yet the floor is soaked.

i haven't been able to "try" to find it yet, and we're about to start a few months of snow in my area, so my time may be up (for now anyways).

brian

greek117

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
top of windshield wears out and runs down your A pillar to the floor. check the wall next to your door, bet its wet

bodymccannx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Leaks? Have had my 07 Suburban at the dealer 5X in the last year-and-a-half for leaks!!

1. R Rear passenger C-pillar - improperly routed sunroof drain; R front passenger floor - glogged drains in bottom of front door
2. Rear Cargo area - leak around hatch wiring harness grommet
3. L and R rear passenger door sill area - rear sunroof drains buried in the NVH foam
4. Front courtesy lamp full of water - poolr sealing sunroof due to broken track system - needed to replace the entire sunroof assemby!!
5. Front Drivers' floor area - combination of clooged door drains and parking brake grommet improperly sealing

Now that I think I have finally taken care of all the leaks, I get to fight with GM over fixing the cracked dash and oil-counsumption issues.

Good luck!!
Mark

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ne44035