Mevotech TTX update

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Doubeleive When you say OEM what brand is that or does it just say oem?
ac delco. if you call any gm dealer parts department and give them the last 8 of your vin they can tell you the oem part number. generally you can find them cheaper on amazon. rockauto, ebay. just be sure it is actually ac delco not a bait and switch

OP
OP
Dustin Jackson

Dustin Jackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Notes on the lower control arms. The zeros are facing forward without the ability to adjust that without repressing the ball joint but they do include zerk covers.

The lower ball joint boot seems to be turning with the knuckle in the picture you can see the boot it kind of twisted.
IMG_9073.jpeg

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
Installing my Mevotech TTX lower control arms today, just installed their upper control arms like a month ago and the boot it already coming apart.

View attachment 434316

View attachment 434315
My kryptonite boots are still holding up… tried to tell ya!
Also Rudy’s diesel is the best place to get their parts if your in a rush I literally ordered another wheel bearing Thursday around 10 and by 11-12 it had been shipped and arrived at the house yesterday evening! Anywhere else would take a week or so to get it in!!!

Trey Hardy

Reaction score
Notes on the lower control arms. The zeros are facing forward without the ability to adjust that without repressing the ball joint but they do include zerk covers.

The lower ball joint boot seems to be turning with the knuckle in the picture you can see the boot it kind of twisted.
View attachment 434336
Also just so you know kryptonite wheel bearings are pressed style bearings so you can run them without those cv axle tips in unlike the stock ones where if you don’t run the cv axle it could split apart
What’s nice about that is when you ever decide to put your cv axles back in there will be a hole there for them
IMG_9347.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dustin Jackson

Dustin Jackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hear you guys. I’ve read conflicting info so I’m just figuring it out myself and updating you on the journey.

Next up is the steering rack and tie rods, any recommendations?

Trey Hardy

Reaction score
I hear you guys. I’ve read conflicting info so I’m just figuring it out myself and updating you on the journey.

Next up is the steering rack and tie rods, any recommendations?
Apex chassis inners (hummer style) off custom offsets
And kryptonite outers IMO
I haven’t had good luck with my heim joint tie rod ends but it’s only because I’m running spacers to try and level them out if it weren’t for that I probably wouldn’t have a issue out of them they definitely took the slop out my steering it went from loose to like pinky finger tight I had to relearn how to drive it type way.
I ran the kryptonite ones for about a year before I sold my old truck and never had a issue out of them I know they used to have those green boots like mevotech and same issue they started cracking in no time but after they updated them with the new black boots I haven’t had a issue at all

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HoeinOrangecounty

Latest posts