My BIG Audio Project!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
A

AMG ETR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another Update:
Enclosures are done and the amp rack has begun. The Amp Rack should be pretty damn cool, I've already seen the brackets Tom designed for it and I love the idea! Mike started working on the placement of the ZR 6.5" Woofers in the front doors as well (Pictured below).

jl.jpg

65cut.jpg

65fit.jpg

ata_6560.jpg

Regards,
Evan

jdpber

GOLD MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are the amps going in at angles in the cut cement forms. Or slid in the slots horizontal?

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those are some of the most visually appealing boxes I have seen :waytogo:

OP
OP
A

AMG ETR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are the amps going in at angles in the cut cement forms. Or slid in the slots horizontal?
The amps are being slid into the slots at angles toward the outside (so it will look like a "V" row of amps). Tom designed brushed aluminum brackets that the amps will rest on that look very cool and "curvy" to match the rest of the design. He was supposed to work on it today and tomorrow but we had two big clients come in and need work done ASAP so I am bumped till next week. I'll post pics as it progresses!
Evan

jdpber

GOLD MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am interested how you are going to hide the wires. It's a cool concept. Hope it pans out. Will tube be black suede or acrylic.

OP
OP
A

AMG ETR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am interested how you are going to hide the wires. It's a cool concept. Hope it pans out. Will tube be black suede or acrylic.
The back side of the amps are being slid into the tubes so the wiring will all run down the tube (and there will be an end cap on it). The tube will be covered in Suede and there will be LED lighting under the amp rack. We already have a custom curved piece of plexi made to go over the entire thing that will have brushed aluminum strips running down the sides to match the enclosures.
Evan

jdpber

GOLD MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got ya. Yea I am always conserved with hiding the wiring. I hate seeing the wires. Love the work so far

OP
OP
A

AMG ETR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update:
Testing the lighting
lit.jpg

Amps ready to roll
ampboxes.jpg

ampline.jpg

Tom is wiring up the amps:
wires.jpg

Mike is building the enclosures for the ZR 8's in the rear doors:
reardoor.jpg

Also, my truck will be featured in JL Audio's booth this year at Spring Break Nationals for those of you going, so make sure you come by and say hi (and check it out!)

Regards,
Evan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pete315

Latest posts