Need help picking ATF for 2013 Yukon XL 1500 SLT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I heard replacing the torque converter almost is never recommended. I read that most transmission shops will just say if your TC went bad the metal scrap etc prob contaminated rest of trans and they recommend a full transmission replacement. Just not ready to pay 5k just yet. How much is just a new TC with labor estimated? And then who does that tuning?

maybe what you heard is the tq is never replaced once it's gone bad and taken the tranny out.

that would be true. but if you can catch it before it's completely bad and filled the tranny full of metal then it's definitely worth it.

I don't know if this is a thing where you live, but if so, it might be an option to check out.

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score
I just buy the ac delco stuff by the gallon via amazon.
different part numbers change prices, but I understand them to be the same thing.
so, I always do a fresh search before ordering.

Just a quick query using "Ac delco dexron vi" brought up several options.
many with same day or next day delivery for me. :happy160:

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score
yeah that looks more like I expected it to in the video. but it guess it is a different tranny.

That's a fancy multi disk in the vid, factory converters have just a single sided lockup clutch friction.
That's what I have in my image.
The rest of the converter has more, looking like that converter for the most part.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Paulpen