New 2-Dr on the Boards... FINALLY!! :D

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blown3ur

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Lets hope not to start the relationship with hate but.. I am a Toyota guy for the most part :greenchainsaw:

Owned many from Landcruisers, 2 toyota tundras (hence my Username), an SC430 Lexus, and a 94 Supra TT.

Back in 03, my bro had a 97 4-dr Tahoe which i loved.. He ended up selling that back then due to fuel costs (he was a student then). Ever since ive had a thing for the GMT400s and i've always wanted a 2-door. Ever since the Blazers and Jimmy's of the 80s.

Anyhow, finally came across an example i just had to have since i layed eyes on and thankfully, $5200 its mine :D

Here is a link to the listing:- http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1999...Cars_Trucks&hash=item3cd02d9888#ht_500wt_1182

I'm very new to GM trucks, read quite a bit about them but still dont know what to expect. I tend to offroad frequenly in the dunes, and am a general fan of offroad modifications. Been lurking on this forum for a while; wealth of information and great guys on here. Hope to meet you'all individually as time comes.

I have not recieved the truck yet but should do very soon :D.. I am currently overseas but will be back Stateside in 3 weeks. Till' then, i will be working on things i wanna get done to the Hoe'

Firstly, SUSPENSION!!! i want a very mild lift with better dampening suited for the sand.. I've been eying this kit. seems the best offering for my usage.. http://roughcountry.com/chevy_4wd_88-98_2-3.html

Will be running 285 BFGoodrich KOs on stock wheels.

Regarding Performance, i wanna get a set of OBX headers, an AFE Cold Air Intake and a tune.. Its either going to be a Black Bear tune or a Hypertech since ive worked with them before on the 7.3L Powerstroke i had and they worked wonders on the Ford.

Your thoughts please on the truck, price, mod list and suggestions.

So exited to be on here.

Moe

KPOD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look at the BDS lift kit instead of the Rough Country, other than that it looks real nice :D

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
that there is of mexico origin. kinda looks like it was painted under neath after manufacturing but still looks excellent for its age.

97Tahoe2d4x

Reaction score
Congrats on your new ride.

I too am new here and I also have a 2 dr Tahoe Sport. It's a 97 I got used back in 2000 with 48K on her. Now 250+K and counting, mostly stock.

I absolutely love mine and have no intention of letting it go. I think you'll love yours, too.

OP
OP
Blown3ur

Blown3ur

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you for the warm welcome guys.. I'm sure i will get attached to this truck and love it as much as you'all love yours.

Look at the BDS lift kit instead of the Rough Country, other than that it looks real nice :D

BDS only offer a 6" lift.. I don't want to go that high. I just want a level stance and enough room to fit 33s.

I was actually weighing out my options and am considering just getting the torsion key leveling kit with new shocks all round.. Currently considering the Rough Country 2.0 shocks.. I would love to go for something high end like fox but i can't seem to find an offering. The reason i initially thought about the lift was because you get new control arms, bushing etc.. I believe those trucks do have issues with their bushings? I would expect that would be somewhat at the end of their functional life by then?

What do you think about just getting torsion keys and new shocks?

that there is of mexico origin. kinda looks like it was painted under neath after manufacturing but still looks excellent for its age.

I did notice that it seems to have been undercoated. Lets just hope its not a rust bucket underneath that paint haha.. Seems like a clean truck in general. Guess ill only tell when i see it in person.

97Tahoe2d4x - Good to hear your truck is soldiering on past 250K.. The reliability reviews are very mixed, some people seem to face more issues than others. The one clear problem between all is the fuel pump which has been changed on the truck i bought which is good news.

Thanks for the help guys.

Moe

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats, thats a pretty clean 2dr

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

97Tahoe2d4x

Reaction score
Yep, fuel pump....I'm on my 4th one now. Whatever you do, don't buy the Airtex one. That only lasted 13 months, hard lesson learned. These darn pumps seem to quit on me after I fill up the tank.....AAAGGGHHH.

So far, replaced intake gasket with FelPro one, upgraded spider to new Delphi "real" injection system, just got done putting Magnaflow cats, tranny was rebuilt at 145K with whatever heavy-duty parts for it was available.

Other than transmission that developed a crack in the sun shell, I've been lucky not to have major issues with her.

Good luck with yours!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kkeesy

Latest posts