New owner. Looking for a roof rack.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

orange72blazer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Picked up a 2009 Tahoe LS a few weeks back for my wife. This was a very low option Tahoe (steel wheels, vinyl floor & seats, ect) & we are trying to make it look a little better than it did when we got it. So far we added some of the 20" LTZ wheels (picked up at an auction for $200) & color mached handles which has made a huge improvement. We are looking for a complete used roof rack with all the mounting hardware, this one just came from the factory with rubber plugs in the mounting holes. What years will fit. I looked on ebay & in the local junk yards but didn't see anything for the 2007-2013 Tahoes. Will the roof rack off a 2000-2006 Tahoe work?

Pooter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Vinyl floor and rear seats(cloth front?), steel wheels, sounds like a PPV model(police). Got any pics of it?
Speedo certified/two batteries?

IIRC the roof rack for the earlier tahoes will also fit, should be able to score one off craigslist for fairly cheap. Just make sure its for a tahoe/yukon and not for the longer length suburban/yukon xl.

TheFuzz

Idiot Police
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vinyl floor and rear seats(cloth front?), steel wheels, sounds like a PPV model(police). Got any pics of it?

I was thinking the same thing - even the lowest optioned civvy tahoes had carpet.

Did it have the oval shaped holes in the wheels, or were they the cheaper steel wheels with the smaller round holes? If you still have the steelies, and they are the oval-hole version, I'd take them off of your hands if they are in good shape...

I can't imagine that the rack off of an NBS truck would work, since the 07+ are so much different. But, I've been wrong a time or two in my life, lol. Post some pics of the new ride!

Last edited:

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^^Not sure about the normal tahoe roof racks but an escalade roof rack fits across the board from 2000-2013 with the holes lining up perfectly. So ya never know...

OP
OP
O

orange72blazer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

IIRC the roof rack for the earlier tahoes will also fit, should be able to score one off craigslist for fairly cheap. Just make sure its for a tahoe/yukon and not for the longer length suburban/yukon xl.

I think it's called a SSV (4wd), but yes it has vinyl floor & rear seats with cloth front seats, single battery, heavy duty a/c & alternator.
The pick & pull junk yard has the roof racks for $10 so it wouldnt cost me much to try the 2000-2006 style.

Here is a before & after pic.

Attachments

• 2009 tahoe2.jpg
    2009 tahoe2.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 53
  • 2009 tahoe1.jpg
    2009 tahoe1.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 47
OP
OP
O

orange72blazer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing - even the lowest optioned civvy tahoes had carpet.

Did it have the oval shaped holes in the wheels, or were they the cheaper steel wheels with the smaller round holes? If you still have the steelies, and they are the oval-hole version, I'd take them off of your hands if they are in good shape...

I can't imagine that the rack off of an NBS truck would work, since the 07+ are so much different. But, I've been wrong a time or two in my life, lol. Post some pics of the new ride!

Here is a pic of the wheels.

Attachments

• tahoe wheels.jpg
    tahoe wheels.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 29

Pooter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it's called a SSV (4wd), but yes it has vinyl floor & rear seats with cloth front seats, single battery, heavy duty a/c & alternator.
The pick & pull junk yard has the roof racks for $10 so it wouldnt cost me much to try the 2000-2006 style.

Here is a before & after pic.

Yep, SSV=4wd police/fleet model, PPV=2wd police/fleet.

I think there were even a few threads on here about the racks fitting across the years from NBS to NNBS.

I roll mine in copper mode during the "winter" we get in texas, for the few days out of the year they throw sand on the road, lol.
be7e04d170004344821731bf0089e3e8.jpg

04ctd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nice truck, I like it.

there was a post on here about someone wanting to throw away 3rd row seats, if you want those.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968