Newbie with Yukon XL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP

2005yukonxl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the grill came from my favorite place...ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...0551155233&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWNX:IT

28 bucks plus 18 shipping. cant beat that with a stick. look at the listing for close ups...u can see polished on all sides and nice little black end caps. looks like alot more money than it is IMO

just realized its racing_guys, same people i bought my LED tails from that shoudl be here any day now. ha. i should have hit them up for combined shipping instead of just clicky clicky all night.

---------- Post added at 08:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:33 PM ----------

also, i did post in the tech section but no bites thus far...perhaps here? im gonnna put a 3.5 inch monitor for a backup camera in the area on the dash to copy a cubbycam (google it if u dont know) style but for much less. I need ideas on relocating the TC button...anyone moved this traction button some place? my first thought is to make a custom bezel as needed and mount it where the stock cigarette lighter is (smoking is 100 percent nasty and those things have no business in my car...theres a power outlet right beside it anyway)....ideas? i can lenthen the harness as needed. i havent pulled the switch out yet to see how it fastens into the panel...might get another one from a junk yard just to practice with anyway....

Last edited:
OP
OP

2005yukonxl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just keep updating this thread as we go...

running boards, from ebay. they are listed as "factory style" but they are really just more of a generic factory style and not the actual ones that would have come on them. i actually like these better. simple bolt on install, and best part was 239 bucks with free shipping. cant get OEM ones for that.

photo1006.jpg

photo1005.jpg

and LED tails

photo1007.jpg

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:High 5: those led tails are nice! I'll end up getting a very similar style for my burb soon from, you guessed it, eBay:) you can't beat the price on those boards either :waytogo: nice find :)

OP
OP

2005yukonxl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just updating this thread again...im thinking i'll do an all inclusive "budget versions of mods" thread like i did with my tundra when I did several things on the cheap. but here's today's project....

our yukon didnt have the LED turn signals in the mirrors....after pricing the glass with the LEDs from muth mirrors and salvage yards, i decided to go cheap.

for $10.99 shipped, I bought a pair of these LED strip lights off ebay...they shine out the side and are tiny.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150477132819&viewitem=

here's a pic of one of them to get the size and close up details. self adhesive and u cut to length at the scissors marks (every three leds i think it was)
photo1026_2.jpg

these pics are all cell phone pics so they suck, sorry. i get impatient wanting to share.

the strips, cut to a 6 LED length, were the perfect length to put in the gap between mirror housing and glass....no dissassembly of the mirror needed, just take it off to run the wires. very unnoticeable when off...
photo1025.jpg

freakishly bright when on... this pic does no justice...

photo1019.jpg

photo1018.jpg

i wont go into detail on wiring them up, just follow the downloadable instructions from muth's website....i just didnt use their glass haha.

not bad for less than 11 bucks.

Venom One

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just updating this thread again...im thinking i'll do an all inclusive "budget versions of mods" thread like i did with my tundra when I did several things on the cheap. but here's today's project....

our yukon didnt have the LED turn signals in the mirrors....after pricing the glass with the LEDs from muth mirrors and salvage yards, i decided to go cheap.

for $10.99 shipped, I bought a pair of these LED strip lights off ebay...they shine out the side and are tiny.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150477132819&viewitem=

here's a pic of one of them to get the size and close up details. self adhesive and u cut to length at the scissors marks (every three leds i think it was)
photo1026_2.jpg

these pics are all cell phone pics so they suck, sorry. i get impatient wanting to share.

the strips, cut to a 6 LED length, were the perfect length to put in the gap between mirror housing and glass....no dissassembly of the mirror needed, just take it off to run the wires. very unnoticeable when off...
photo1025.jpg

freakishly bright when on... this pic does no justice...

photo1019.jpg

photo1018.jpg

i wont go into detail on wiring them up, just follow the downloadable instructions from muth's website....i just didnt use their glass haha.

not bad for less than 11 bucks.

Nice!! I think I'm gonna do this. Was that $10.99 for 2 strips? Can you post some more pics?

chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great job! Really well done. I think I might do this too.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you have any pics of how the mirror looks in the daylight? This mod could be pretty cool on numerous vehicles assuming it looks alright during the day and when not lit up.

OP
OP

2005yukonxl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i'll snap a few more pics in a little bit. and yes, 10.99 for two strips. and whats funny is i only used about 1/3 of the length so u might can find some cheaper if u get shorter.... very simple mod.... i'll update here with some pics. glad ya'll like it too

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jimxms