Newest PPV Owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

justsethpc

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I recently acquired a 2011 PPV with 132k Miles on it. It has a few problems that need addressed but overall in the 3 days I've had it, I'm very happy with it. Of course my stupid self, I have no pictures of it right now, except with the wrap it had from the previous place. I guess to go down the list of broken sh*t, Driver side motor mount trashed, front blower motor aggressively disassembled itself in my hand, I THINK it has a Cyl 1 lifter tick, LR door lock doesn't work, and good lord this all metal center console SUCKS!!!!! But, I mean even if the lifter is bad, its still not bad for a free truck lol.

**EDIT**
BTW I dont know who needs to hear this, but removing old Vinyl wraps f-inkg sucks.

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's bad about the metal console?
I was thinking they maybe useful if I you needed to install a scanner/cb radio or some other electronic equipment..

Looking damn good for free! Take more pics if you get the chance!

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I recently acquired a 2011 PPV with 132k Miles on it. It has a few problems that need addressed but overall in the 3 days I've had it, I'm very happy with it. Of course my stupid self, I have no pictures of it right now, except with the wrap it had from the previous place. I guess to go down the list of broken sh*t, Driver side motor mount trashed, front blower motor aggressively disassembled itself in my hand, I THINK it has a Cyl 1 lifter tick, LR door lock doesn't work, and good lord this all metal center console SUCKS!!!!! But, I mean even if the lifter is bad, its still not bad for a free truck lol.

**EDIT**
BTW I dont know who needs to hear this, but removing old Vinyl wraps f-inkg sucks.
Welcome from SE Florida...... ( Lots of those PPV's around here )......
Have you contacted a wrap installer for removal advice??

OP
OP
J

justsethpc

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What's bad about the metal console?
I was thinking they maybe useful if I you needed to install a scanner/cb radio or some other electronic equipment..

Looking damn good for free! Take more pics if you get the chance!
The worst part is no cup holders, no arm rests, and just bleh, i hate the way it looks lol. and yeah when i get off in a few hours ill post some.

OP
OP
J

justsethpc

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome, did you try using a heat gun on the vinyl?
Yeah, yesterday while it was 102 degrees out I was using the heat gun and made some good progress. The roof is the worst because its been wrapped since 2011, and its brittle and cracked and comes off in little pieces, then its hot as hell outside, add in the heat from the heat gun, and then when you get parts of the wrap off its blinding staring at the white roof in sunlight lol. so overall the actual task of removing the wrap isn't bad, its just everything else that makes it suck.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Yeah, yesterday while it was 102 degrees out I was using the heat gun and made some good progress. The roof is the worst because its been wrapped since 2011, and its brittle and cracked and comes off in little pieces, then its hot as hell outside, add in the heat from the heat gun, and then when you get parts of the wrap off its blinding staring at the white roof in sunlight lol. so overall the actual task of removing the wrap isn't bad, its just everything else that makes it suck.
So, the primer looking spot on the hood is where the white paint came off too?