no brake pedal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lino5034

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i was going to ask this in the other brake thread but i didnt want to seem like i was thread jacking so here it goes i changed the rotors pads drums shoes brake booster wheel cylinders calibers booster reservoir bled the brakes twice evrything i could think of i took it to a local chevy dealership they hooked the computer to the truck and no codes no abs light was on i was going to order the abs block but the guys there said its not the issue they dont know what it is when u push the brake it feels really soft any help would be great thanks

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
Either air trapped in or a malfunction master cylinder, air in the abs module or the rear drom adjusters are not set properly.

99Yuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What kind of pads did you use? I ask because I had just gone through what you had done. Changed everything to new componants, bleed the air, cycled the abs pump, changed fluid, installed cheap new pads, etc. Still soft. I know some people think I'm mental, but only a change in pads to Hawk ceramic pads, and it went from soft to hard. Just like *that*. I'm happy now.

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I vote air in the line. I had the same problem a few years ago. We replaced the calipers in the front and had no pedal. We bled them over and over with no luck. Had the truck towed to our friends shop who used a bleeder to literally suck the fluid through the lines and that fixed the problem.

OP
OP
L

lino5034

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i chaged the master cylinder as well when the brakes were bleed we used a bleeder and the brake bads were wagner pads and shoes

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
is the fluid in the reservoir? lol did you flush the fluid/use old fluid? You really only supposed to use brand new fluid, once the brake fluid hits air, it instantly starts to absorb moisture. Hence water doesnt compress and equals ****** brakes.. i would flush the system 100% with some synthetic dot 3 and see what that does for your.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
humbertoltx