obs MPG

What Is the average MPG you get with your OBS tahoe,yukon or escalade

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Where are all the guys from the MPG thread who said they were averaging 20MPG+

I guess you mean my thread?

I'm right here, with my 18.7 mpg. Actually, almost all of my driving is in town, and I live 3 miles from work. With that for a daily trip, most of my fillups are averaging 12-13 mpg. The rare occasions that I hit the road seem to make me much happier about my mileage.

I'll be going BACK to the mountains in October. I'll check my mpg again then, too. :mexsmoke:

OP
OP
Trippers99hoe

Trippers99hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess you mean my thread?

I'm right here, with my 18.7 mpg. Actually, almost all of my driving is in town, and I live 3 miles from work. With that for a daily trip, most of my fillups are averaging 12-13 mpg. The rare occasions that I hit the road seem to make me much happier about my mileage.

I'll be going BACK to the mountains in October. I'll check my mpg again then, too. :mexsmoke:

Well I was not meaning you specifically...But it was in your thread
I hope you voted in our poll!

gpracer1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have not taken mine on a trip yet that is only highway. My 20% city and 80% freeway to work gets me about 17 mpg with AC on full blast....its freakin hot here.

TheBlueBeast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm waiting til I get my highway numbers from my trip home and back to school this weekend.

OP
OP
Trippers99hoe

Trippers99hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have not taken mine on a trip yet that is only highway. My 20% city and 80% freeway to work gets me about 17 mpg with AC on full blast....its freakin hot here.

Did you get a noticable (seat of your pants dyno) increase in power from the fuel system upgrades? I am real interested in the price vs performance/MPG increases.

It is hot as heck here to man ,The news last night said 66 days over 100deg and we have broken several high temp records this yr as well....So my A/C is on Full blast all the time as well.

Last edited:

dave198911

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
12-13 no matter how i drive it and ive recently done a full tune up didnt really help any

04SS99Denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
when i had my first 99 yukon i would reset the trip counter every fill up and i would see a consistant 150-160 miles per half tank. i never ran it down to the bare bones but the highest i got out of a full tank near E was 276. soooooooooo id say it got around 10 mpg lol

Dalton916

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
'96 4WD Tahoe with 5.7 and 265/75/16's 3.42. 19 miles one way to work and it's all back roads with 45mph max and I average 15.5 mpg. I'm currently 108 miles into a tank of ethanol free and the airbox cover off.....we'll see. I do get 18 +/- on the interstate.

P.S. I rarely get over 2K RPM....unless some turd provokes me :D

gpracer1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you get a noticable (seat of your pants dyno) increase in power from the fuel system upgrades? I am real interested in the price vs performance/MPG increases.

It is hot as heck here to man ,The news last night said 66 days over 100deg and we have broken several high temp records this yr as well....So my A/C is on Full blast all the time as well.

I did some mods listed and the dyno runs are identical which leads me to think that torque management is capping out. Sometimes when I downshift, I can feel the truck pull then suddenly drop off. So I will have to wait till I buy EFI live.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968