OFFICIAL: 2015.5 (2015i) Discussion Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

daktari

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I believe it is a non-disclosure issue. I had that when Audi took back my vehicle. Basically you sign a letter stating you will not publicly disclose the details. Kind of a gag order.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe it is a non-disclosure issue. I had that when Audi took back my vehicle. Basically you sign a letter stating you will not publicly disclose the details. Kind of a gag order.

If that's the case then it's understandable.

But then he should have never even brought it up in public forum much less PM it to other members. PMing it is the same breach of a confidentiality agreement as screaming it at city hall.

That's why it makes no sense, either say nothing because you can't or say something in a way that's helpul to others, and not just the few people who happen onto one page of this long thread who know to PM him.

George C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, let me get this straight.
Jason has information that he is offering each and every one of us. You guys want the information that he has, but you don't like the path that Jason has chosen? Ever consider that he is unable to legally post this info on an open forum?

If you don't like it, I suggest stop with the complaining and don't worry about what he has to say. Personally, it's annoying and quite argumentative for no reason at all.
Pretty simple.

Big Buttons

The SS Burb
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What we are saying is, is that if he signed a non-disclosure form then he shouldn't be talking about this (on the open forum or through pm's). If not then why doesn't he just put it out there...

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, let me get this straight.
Jason has information that he is offering each and every one of us. You guys want the information that he has, but you don't like the path that Jason has chosen? Ever consider that he is unable to legally post this info on an open forum?

Nope, you've missed the point once again, for that's not what we're saying. A vast majority who join enthusiast forums do so via a search engine. There's a mod they wish to do, or they have an issue, etc, etc. Other than the few people that happen by this thread, on that page, and on that poston the day it was written, no one (unless hey sift through what eventully will be a 100+ page thread) will ever know that a member had an issue serious enough for GM to purchase their vehicle back and what the nature of that issue was. Plus he might move on from the forum so even in the unlikely event that someone does spot his post sometime down the line, he might never answer that PM. You think we're asking for us specifically, when we're asking for everyone, including members who have yet to join or K2XX owners at large that are looking to understand what's going on with their vehicle and do research without necessarily joining.

So what you have to 'get straight' is that information has been offered to a few people who likely don't have a need for it and are just curious, and is being withheld from anyone who might be searching for it within and outside the forum. We're not talking about devadging an emblem ... nevermind posting it here, this is the kind of stuff that needs its own thread.

And if he does have a confidentiality agreement then his mistake is more serious, for like I said earlier he should have never PMed anyone cause that's a breach in itself. Once you do that, then not posting the issue in public for others to benefit from makes zero sense.

If you don't like it, I suggest stop with the complaining and don't worry about what he has to say. Personally, it's annoying and quite argumentative for no reason at all.

Tell me about it, I'm boring myself repeating the obvious.

Pretty simple.

You'd think so being that this is internet 101 stuff, but evidenntly not.

Last edited:

Pockets

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well since you broke it down like that Serge they might understand what you saying. Like you said 5 post ago... dang 15i guys

George C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think what you aren't considering is that it's a free world.
Jason doesn't owe anybody a thread just because your version of Internet 101 says so.
I guess it's now a competition between those who have and have not an i. So childish.

Again, the guy offered info off the record to his supposed friends. I can see some are more worried about their version of 101.
Don't PM him and wonder.. If I were him I wouldn't answer anyone since its such an issue

JMHHHO

This was a fun place for a while, now it's just like most other over enthusiast forums.

Last edited:

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
George...this has nothing to do with 15i. Apparently you read and comprehended nothing of what serge posted. I'm really looking forward to the day that the K2xx subforum holds a lot more useful info in it about builds and the era of SUV itself other than who ordered what and why it's a grand idea to use 4wd when the roads are damp.

George C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I completely understand Serges point. It's not his call..

The i thing was pockets comments

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2024 Tahoe Brian