OFFICIAL: 2015.5 (2015i) Discussion Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Anon2015

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My order is at 3400 with a TPW of 10/13... this week I suppose. I wonder how long it'll take to get built and sent to Oregon....

What dealer and when did you place the order? Thanks.

Anon2015

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine was submitted 8/27 and is still 1100. :(
Thanks for the answer, Phil.

Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine was submitted 8/27 and is still 1100. :(
Thanks for the answer, Phil.

I think they have a plug of orders placed in early September they're trying to get through.

*edit* I didn't see that yours was placed in August! Yeah, your dealer may have allotment issues.

JohnC

Reaction score
A list of the updates are as follows:

1. 8-speed automatic transmission (Denali only - lower 1st gear ratio, two additional overdrives, taller final drive ratio, new transfer case, new differentials)
2. OnStar 4G LTE Wi-Fi Hotspot with up to seven users
3. Hands Free Lift Gate (Denali only at launch, SLT being studied - wave foot under rear bumper to open lift gate)
4. Wireless Device Charging (Standard on SLT/Denali)
5. Optional Bronze Alloy Paint
6. GMC Intellilink now has an 8" color screen with capacitive touch feedback. (tactile feedback when you touch the buttons!)
7. Premium package now includes power assist steps
8. Sunroof now available separately
9. Rear seat entertainment now available separately
10. New enhanced security package
11. Rear bench seat now heated (optional)
12. new 20" chrome wheel available
13. XM radio is now 9 additional months (1 year total free)
14. More additional features may be available upon launch

There is a CHANCE that your order will automatically be held for the new updated models. Apparently, GM stated that August 14 was the last day to order the previous model. August 15-30 apparently won't have any orders accepted by the GM Connect system.

Any chance power assist steps will make it on 2016 SLT's?

They separate the sunroof, but now make you get adaptive cruise if you want power assist steps? Why?????????????:wtf: Make it all separate!

Also, what is the "new" chrome wheel?

razor488

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I test drove the 6 speed version today and I felt like it was in too low a gear in the 30-50 mph range... I felt like I was having to give it gas just to maintain speed.

Will this be "resolved" with the 8 speed?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmds3